Odst Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

XOWinters

I am thinking of making an ODST armor, since this is my first project I need help.
My background on my computer is a very helpful source and i can also take screenshots on halo 3.
But what I would like to know is if I should expect to finish it by this halloween or atleast have it ready for next?
Should i make it a bit large, since i am still growing?
Do you know a good art supplier in the Sydney area?
Since I am new, which part should I start with?
Should I make the gun (BR or Shotty?) ?

Thanks for reading my first post!

You can have it done by halloween but you may not be happy with the results. I would plan for next year and make it a little big since you are still growing. Start with the armor. Possibly the chest but none of it is real hard. Stay away from weapons until you have some experience with pepakura since the weapons are harder than the armor. Good luck and remember: the Q&A Team will help you a lot.

Welcome to the 405th!

If you start now, you mostly likely wont have a very good suit of armor to show for this years halloween. I suggest you get started on it for next years' though :]

If your still growing then I would make the armor abit larger, especially if your gonna start now on makin a suit that needs to fit you by next year.

And I see your an Aussie! Thats great! Rowan will be pleased to hear of another Aussie on the forum ^^

So for starting your armor, dont rush, read and educate yourself before jumpin knee deep into a project. The Q&A Team will be here to help you if you need. Might I sugest PMing Rowan (p0rtalman) since he is our only Aussie Q&A Team Member :D

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Welcome to the 405th!

If you start now, you mostly likely wont have a very good suit of armor to show for this years halloween. I suggest you get started on it for next years' though :]

If your still growing then I would make the armor abit larger, especially if your gonna start now on makin a suit that needs to fit you by next year.

And I see your an Aussie! Thats great! Rowan will be pleased to hear of another Aussie on the forum ^^

So for starting your armor, dont rush, read and educate yourself before jumpin knee deep into a project. The Q&A Team will be here to help you if you need. Might I sugest PMing Rowan (p0rtalman) since he is our only Aussie Q&A Team Member :D

Thank you for the help both of you!

The only worry I have is the money problem. What is the cheapest way to do it. Since this is my first time i dont need the best results.

Last edited by a moderator:
just do the pep first and do each peice and save up for fiberglass and bondo and since you cant use any of that during the winter becasue it won't cure right unless its like 80 degress F(not sure how it is in astralia) but work on your pep and save up for bondo and fiberglass and good luck

Box o crayons
i has to be 80 degrees for it to cure right, i didnt know that thanks

Awsumface
I think u should make it big if you are still growing, and that for the Halloween you wont get much done. Armor making is a timely proccess that takes experience to get right and money. My guess is that you can get a decent helmet done by Halloween but not much else fully finished. The ODST has a lot of parts so you will get many done if you work hard but the whole thing won't look very good if you only have a couple random pieces scatered around your body. Good luck on your armor and you will almost certainly have it done by next Halloween unless you stop working for many months or something like that. I also thought that they didnt celebrate Halloween in Australia so i am not sure why you want it by then but i could be wrong so correct me if i am.

I did not know that it had to be at the temperature to cure. That will help alot.
I have been thinking about this whole thing and I was hoping to get the helmet atleast finished by this Halloween and have a black t-shirt and paints (maybe camo). It might not look good but it will look pretty cool.
The only problem I am having is searching for the pepakura instructions.

I will update it soon when I actually have my materials and not just the ideas.

Well, since I don't even have the pepakura I don't have to worry about it!
But it is summer here and 80 Fahrenheit is 27 Celsius. So yeah.

But thanks for the tip I will be sure to remember it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back