Odst Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dprince59

i really want to get started on an odst build. im prolly gona start with the body and do the helmet last. im worryd about the EXTREAMLY small pices of the helmet tho any advice?

You could get a smooth helmet and add details with bondo. It depends on what helmet you want to make, some helmets have more than one version some simpler than others, which one are you trying to make?

EDIT: What type of guitar is that? (I'm actually playin' right now, coincidentally).

What small pieces are you worried about specifically? The vents on the side? Small parts in a pep build are deceptive, they can be simple, with practice. If you're planning on building your helmet last, then by the time you reach it, you may already have enough practice that it won't bother you anymore. I've built two versions of the ODST helm (as well as numerous other Mjolnir helms) and have had no major problems with any of the small parts. Don't get discouraged, build something and have fun! Good luck.

i either what to make rookies helmet or the halo 3 model. like some of the longer pices have really really small tabs on them. expicially arout the circle pices over the ears.

Don't worry, my first pep was actually the WETA ODST, which has almost the same level of detail. Just cut patiently... and BTW: I believe the Rookie ODST is the Halo 3 version. Rookie has the stock ODSt helmet, and It looks the same. Unless it's the NT-KZ one with a billion pieces... you thought THIS one is bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back