ODST build with EVA foam + M6 SOCOM (COMPLETE, for now..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ODST build with EVA foam + M6 SOCOM

Ahoy!
So I finally pulled everything together again for a fitting and some photos, last time I did that I hadn't even finished building. I'm still painting, the suit only has 1 layer of grime in these photos. Nevertheless, I'm really happy with it and I think I'm going to let it sit on my mannequin and call this project finished for a while, just small painting updates.

The shoulder on the right and the forearm on the left after the first light black/brown wash for comparison. I prefer this very slow approach when if comes to weathering.
IMG_20150703_152855.jpgIMG_20150703_150940.jpg

The helmet padding is assorted sponge material wrapped in stretch black scraps I had laying around. I also added a seamless foam lip around the helmet's opening, a strip of foam detail super-glued to the back, and installed the fan in a temporary fashion in order to keep my options open for electrical shenanigans down the line. Also, the cooling was pretty effective, I had this on for +/-30min without issue.
IMG_20150629_233733.jpgIMG_20150630_011021.jpgIMG_20150630_011147.jpgIMG_20150630_023342.jpg

And here's what it's all about, the good stuff.
TOP1.JPGTOP2.JPGTOP5.JPGTOP6.JPGTOP7.JPG
TOP8.JPGTOP9.JPGTOP11.JPGTOP13.JPGTOP15.JPG
TOP17.JPGTOP18.JPGTOP14.JPGTOP16.JPGTOP19.JPG

haha, excuse the tear in my rather aged under-suit visible in the second pic.

Continued...
TOP20.JPGTOP21.JPGTOP22.JPGTOP23.jpgTOP25.jpg

OK! that's all I got, I'm pretty pleased with these photos, even after minimal painting. Detailing and weathering on the weapon and suit still to come. It felt great getting it all together like this for the first time, and just in the 5 min I was out front a couple people pulled over to get a shot with me. Lol, practice for my first con i guess, can't wait!

EDIT: that's my bro, not one of the randos that I'm glaring at in the second shot, haha. Also, re-examining these reminded me that I need to finish a neck-seal, so maybe there will be an update sooner rather than later.

Your suit looks amazing dude! Now you've got me wanting to build an odst....if only I had the time hahaha.

Thank you all muchly, that's so very encouraging!
tumblr_mkq3tc7Pdx1qahcb6o4_250.gif

Which is great, cuzz I'm really gonna need to stay motivated to get through the spartan, mass effect, AC4, deathstroke, & gears of war builds I have planned/started haha. Stay on the lookout!

This is my favourite thing. Orbital Drop Suburban Trooper. United Nations Space Command Defence Florists. :D

Bahaha, I saw this bright and early before my coffee and probably chuckled a good deal longer than most would expect, so thanks for that :lol

Attachments

• tumblr_mkq3tc7Pdx1qahcb6o4_250.gif
    tumblr_mkq3tc7Pdx1qahcb6o4_250.gif
    428.5 KB · Views: 198
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back