ODST forearm detail (EVA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpl Shepard

Something that's been bugging me for a while:

I was wondering what the vents located on the ODST armor forearm could be for. The suit doesn't have any shielding, so shunting excess heat can't be it, the minor climate-control systems it shares with the Marine battle plate wouldn't need it, since the Marine variant doesn't have it, so what's left?

67657678787.png

Well, considering how the ODST BDU has an integrated vacuum suit for EVA(extra vehicular activity), then I'd imagine the vents are actually compensators for firing a weapon in Zero-Gee. The recoil of a weapon fired in space could be counter balanced by minor bursts of gas from the forearms, much like corrective measures taken by spacecraft, or the Chief's armor as seen in the Halo 4 trailer.

This is probably a pointless anecdote. I'm running on fumes after being up all night. My rambling about a minor detail of the armor can't be that interesting. Regardless, I think I'll include some heat scorching on that area when I update the paint job.

I don't think so in cole protocol keys took a suit jumped into space and used a br to fly away from a ship. so it might be for something else I'll update this post I find something.

I don't think so in cole protocol keys took a suit jumped into space and used a br to fly away from a ship. so it might be for something else I'll update this post I find something.

Well that rules that theory out. It does seem like a strange detail for the forearms.

well odst armor was upgraded with parts from the Spartan armor so it might be something that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back