ODST helmet 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdtron99

Hi everyone. so recently i decided my original odst was good, but not good enough so im redoing it! sorry for the really bad pic quality but i need to charge my camera so ipod pics for now.
odst20_zps04ca4cce.jpg
let me know what you think!

Attachments

• odst20_zps04ca4cce.jpg
    odst20_zps04ca4cce.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 123
It's a good run for your second helmet. I see a few areas that need some love, but it's workable. Are you using 110lb cardstock for this? It looks like it might be a bit thin based on the waviness of the cheek area. You're on a good track.

Also, in the future, you don't need to start a new thread for something you're technically already covering in another thread. In your other ODST helmet thread, you could have just said you're starting a new one. Food for though for the future.

HOLY THREAD REVIVAL BATMAN! ok so, i started pepping hugh's odst helm today (any advice on this particular file is welcome) and will have update pics as soon as possible

Hugh's ODST sets are truly wonderful to work with. The beauty of the file lies in the sectioning - if you mess up on a section, you can discard it and try again.

My advice for the file would be to take it slowly and steadily, working one section at a time. Don't glue the jigsaw together until you have all of the individual pieces pepped out, make sure your lines are nice and crisp, line up your edges carefully when putting sections together and make sure you use some form of clamp to keep your edges down tight until the glue dries. I personally recommend paper clips or miniature bulldog clips.

Either way, I'm sure it will turn out well. Just remember, for the love of cookies, to take it steadily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back