ODST HEV pods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:shock: What are you kidding me..... thats perfect!!
Thx for the pics gonna start drawing right away!!

Edit whoa :shock: saw the dimensions probably going to scale it down by 2 or 3 feet

Spartan-104 said:
is it molded or paper?
Molded.

I can picture it now, drop pods crashing through convention roofs, into parades, and maybe even living rooms of annoying Xbox-Live'rs. But seriously, once you finish the drop pod what are you gonna do with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
well i just got the halo graphic novel and Spartan-062 used a parachute type thing. We could actually use and make one of those. I can picture it now... But seroisly we could do that. Its smaller, easier to make and pretty damn awesome.

A partial bay with a pod would make a great booth presentation; take pics of attendees in the pod and either e-mail or print on-the-spot, or even upload to someones flashdrive.

Make a knock-down set & a pod for the set

well instead of 8 feet or what ever in record its 19 feet but in the game its less then that...and also cut down the bottom part that lands in the ground or what ever really seems like you wouldn't have to make it smaller much

I would use a PVC pipe frame. oh mabye 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch PVC would do. screw on thin metal pices for support then strech 8sq. ft. fiberglass cloth over the whole thing then use bondo & cardboard for the details. Make the door the same way except make it able to swing on hinges whichever way u prefer ( up, left right) Then just bolt in an old black office chair.

get say, eight of them and put them randomly in a field, preferably one where a lot of people will see them. get ODSTs in them. get a guy in MC Armour and put him in a crater like in the start of Halo3. at a random time(preferably when there's lots of people round) get the ODSTs to leap out, check on the Chief, haul him out and carry him to a warthog that has just skidded up. then drive off. retrieve the pods later that night. stage again somewhere else.

vindex said:
get say, eight of them and put them randomly in a field, preferably one where a lot of people will see them. get ODSTs in them. get a guy in MC Armour and put him in a crater like in the start of Halo3. at a random time(preferably when there's lots of people round) get the ODSTs to leap out, check on the Chief, haul him out and carry him to a warthog that has just skidded up. then drive off. retrieve the pods later that night. stage again somewhere else.
Lol,that would be fun.

TheBlue said:
I think we should launch it from the ISS to next years E3.

LOL I would NOT want to be the one to have to CoFR (Certificate of Flight Readiness) that thing.

How about build the interior seat on a 2x4 base, working from the seat out -- frame up the shell with 2x2's and skin it with panels made from $10 4'x8' sheets of that blue styrene paneling from the home centers. The sculpted styrene side panels could be light enough to hang on the frame with velcro. light, easy to assemble/disassemble and transport.

-dwoo

I'd say start from Pepakura but cut the (full size) parts from plywood instead of paper. Put them together using hinges and then cut 2x4s to shape for a frame. Or PVC pipes. something.

(put it together using hinges first because that way it will sort of shape itself like Pep does, but it still won't be very strong)

Then make thinner sheets of something, plastic maybe, to put on the outside. Paint them and all that yada yada. And then do the interior in the same basic fashion.

And leave it so you can take it down and stuff. It would be, as others have pointed out, way too big to transport to cons or whatever if it didn't collapse.

Yeah, cus I don't think it would fit in the bed of a truck.

Edit:
Off topic:
I just had the crazy idea of rewiring a walkie talkie into an odst helmet for our COM system. LOL

This sounds like aprety neat idea...Does ne one have a pep file for this? I would like to make a minature then a plywood one. I am also currently working on Odst armor but im not old enough to join the 405th :( but It would be awesome to have one hooked up and dropped and you burst out. But i would think if you were to actually drop it there should be springs int he bottom<like matress springs> and a second floor so the drop wouldnt kill yeah lol.<long drop and a sudden stop>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back