ODST [pretty much 97% done]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reii

Hi guys! Reii here, this is going to be my second cosplay ever and due to last year's disaster I decided to challenge myself to not be lazy and make an huge improvement on the costumes.
Last years half-assed costume with no paint and almost everything but the shoulder visor and the arm guards were just bought from a costume store.

Last year's disaster:

halfass.jpg

This year's goal is making an ODST costume.

My references:

411887-odst2.jpg3680512-4291089838-13066.jpghalo-3-odst-20090915032900938.jpglsvJ8vS.jpgM6C_SOCOM.png

Progress:

Torso
02 - g9JkE6y.jpg

I know the neck part didn't look too great :(
01 - wcLZtdX.jpg

Upper chest plate looked too small.
03 - ubj5CmQ.jpg

I suck with blades... but the terrible cuts actually worked out for me later on.
04 - vn5GOQ9.jpg

Other part's progress pics got lost in the abyss.

Worked on the shins and knees part:
05 - MwB0SsJ.jpg
[Lesson learned: Buy a huge pack of blades. and replacements.]

Pauldrons and Arm guards!

07 - a41tYxK.jpg

Test fitting!
08 - AiTT0TX.jpg

Weathering/painting:
TCQbkhz.jpg
gULoTXI.jpgDmZqnSr.jpgUehTC2r.jpgaKQZto0.jpg

Final Test fit!
15 - 3YVUiFY.jpg12 - nAjla66.jpg10 - DcokWha.jpg14 - LdFKq7S.jpg

The largest mirror I had around was located in my bathroom. :s

Anyways, I'm still working on the M6C Socom and hoping to finish it soon.
I hoped you like some parts of the work I did and I wish everyone a very good day/night!

Also if anyone of you is going to Fanime 2015, I'll be there the whole weekend so hit me up or something!

did you follow DFT tutorial?

I followed half-most of it. It helped a lot

I lol'd at "halfass.jpg"

Your ODST looks sick! I won't be going to Fanime this year, but I'd love to see this in person some day! XD

I just dl'ed it from my friends FB and didnt know what to call it LOL. but yeah sucks you can go to fanime this year :( Oh well I'll see you next year! :D

yeah thats how i did my suit, i am done with all parts cutting wise, i have it sealed with plasti dip and my base coat of stainless steel silver paint is on. gonna be finishing up my paint tomorrow hopefully weather permitting. should have pics up soon.

Update!

I'm pretty much done, idk if I can still add the tactical attatchments to it, personally the gun itself looked really good having a long barrel and all.

Also added a strip of velcro on the right side so I can mount the pistol into the thigh plates since I added small velcros on those too, also can be attacted in the back/butt plate!
OPkIjXE.jpge9wNB75.jpgwa1off6.jpgE3jeNhS.jpg

It's coming along great! You can really see the improvement from the "Half-ass.jpg" to now haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back