Odst Uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think fo my first project I'll put together a set of ODST fatiegs. All black shirt and pants, on the shirt in the front the UNSCDF and my name, on one arm my UNSC rank and squag patches, and on the other the ODST patch but before I put on that patch I have to make a better design for it to be patchmade. acording to the game's and novel's they wore their armor over thier BDU's so I'll start by putting together some ODST fatiegs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sr. Chief(Maverick) @ Dec 31 2008, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I guess I'm going to start by putting together a set of UNSC ODST fatiegs for the ODST armor. I'm planning on all black shirt and pants, on the shirt in the front my name and the UNSCDF. On one arm my UNSC rank and squad patches,and on the other arm the ODST patch but I have to make a better design before I can get it patchmade. In the game and the novels, the ODST armor is on tope of the fatiegs so the first thing on the ODST gear list I'm going to put together are ODST fatiegs.</div>
This would be considered a WIP without pics, which is frowned upon. I reported it, but I'll contribute here. I would worry about the armor before patches and stuff. For fatigues, the cheapest route would probably be black sweatpants/sweatshirt. A step up would probably be black BDU pants and either a BDU top or a black long-sleeved black shirt. From there, things get interesting. A one-piece jumpsuit/flightsuit is a possibility, but a better solution may be some underarmor-like stuff. You won't want too much material under the armor or you'll roast. Especially given that the armor is black (Or at least darker shades of gray). As a side note, marines and especially special operations forces don't usually wear ranks on a combat uniform, at least not where the rank would be visible. It makes it harder for enemy snipers and the like to single out the leaders.

The shoulder and arm armor will will cover the rank patches and besides when the ODST's arn't in armor of course thier rank is going to be shown or else you wo'nt know other peoples rank it's got to be seen on uniform's and BDU's.

Please try to use punctuation, it makes reading posts easier. I was just suggesting that instead of going through the trouble of making rank insignia and patches, you should first worry about the armor. Remember, the armor is a bodysuit, probably a mechanical counter pressure-style space suit. Although I just remembered that the Halo 3:ODST trailer had the trooper wearing LCpl insignia on the chestplate. BTW, the idea for not wearing rank insignia is that marines should know who their leadership is. Out of armor, I imagine the ODST's wear standard UNSC Marine Corps uniforms with standard insignia.

Sorry about that but it even so I hope you like the uniform when it's done and if anybody have any ideas with an ODST patch pm me the design I'll see about having it made and sent to you so you can put it on your BDU's or under suits before you put on your armor.

No worries. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. You might want to get some progress posted here before the thread gets closed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sr. Chief(Maverick) @ Jan 1 2009, 05:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The shoulder and arm armor will will cover the rank patches and besides when the ODST's arn't in armor of course thier rank is going to be shown or else you wo'nt know other peoples rank it's got to be seen on uniform's and BDU's.</div>

the people would know who their comanding officer was and they wouldn't wear rank insignia because of snpers (also why they do not salut on the battle field) read halo: the flood they talk about when there on top of the base

adventSpartanMatrix said:
the people would know who their comanding officer was and they wouldn't wear rank insignia because of snpers (also why they do not salut on the battle field) read halo: the flood they talk about when there on top of the base

That's right, on a battlefield no distinction must be used. And in a squad everybody knows the rank of the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
These BDU's are ment for the halo 3 armor personel. I finished drawing an ODST patch for the 405th when I get colors i'll color it and get it made. I got it from the art of halo book, I drew it a little different but it still has majority of the original design. I hope you will lite it. [attachment=7671:MVC_001F.JPG]

lol fatiegs. Took me awhile to understand what that was.

1diotic Gen1us said:
From what I saw in Halo 2, the ODSTs had urban camo BDU's underneath their armor.
more so subdued urban.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her is the colored version of the ODST patch for the 405th, I did i with color pencils because it's easier to fix coloring mistakes and when it's made into a patch it'll look better, hope you like it. [attachment=7676:MVC_003F.JPG][attachment=7677:MVC_004F.JPG]

Sorry it's been a while but I've been busy and having problems getting what I need for the uniform. I just recently aquired a cover for tthe uniform but i'm still having troble with getting the blouse and getting the patches made but it's still coming. I'm hopping to get the blouse in soon and a set of piolets coverals for going over my ODST armor I'm starting up. you were right that fatiges wouldn't work properly so my best bet will be coverals. Also i'm finished having a holster built for a plasma pistol of actual size thanks to the laser tage plasma pistol set I bought, I'll have pictures up in the future. I had the holster designed to go either on a belt, connecting to a leg drop, and to connect a strap to it as a sholder holster like the holsters in WW2. As for the armor I'm developing, i'm planning on using my old colonial marine lower, back, and chest plates for the job after some cutting and modifing besides I can buy an updated set of armor from Spat later down the road. I plan on using the ODST armor design from both the art of halo 3 book and my halo ODST figure as reference and I'll soon get started with the cest and back armor soon including the lower legs. Wish me luck.

[attachment=11945:MVC-019F.JPG]Sorry everybody for taking so long on the ODST patch design update to come up but I am finally ready to show you what I have and is in the process of finally being made into a patch. I invested alot of money on this so I hope you all like it. This is a patch for the ODST of the 405th I plan on showing everyone the final phase after the midnight run of HALO 3 ODST with a few other surprises that I think you will like so enjoy for the time being

The ODST's in ODST actually seem to use Black BDU's, however, Urban Camo is seen in Halo 2.

I;m quite interested in this topic, as I have just begun Pep'ing ODST parts for the release of Halo 3: ODST.

There's a pretty simple patch I made in Photoshop for the chest, just with the UNSCDF eagle and some lettering... I can post it here if you want it.

I already have what you are talking about but in order to makebit into a patch design it needs to be digitized and that costs money which I have spent alot of just so I can get three of my projects finished for the midnight release of Halo 3 ODST on the 22 this month. I also decided to make a change in my armor in which the armor will be on top of and instead of BDU's it will be Black piolet coverals. All I'll have on my ODST BDU's is just the most basic of what will be on it for now I will have my squad patch on at a later date and that includes the UNSCinsignia on the hat also later on but for now the uniform will be majority wise complete by the 22nd. Good luke on your armor recruit.

Sorry it took me so long to post the finished ODST patch for the 405th but I wanted to show the entire uniform for the basic ODST without squad patch but I made a mistake on the placements on the name and UNSC patch placement but I still don't have the funds to fix it right now so I'll just show the finished patch for now and I can also get started making them for other ODST now that the finished patch is finally done so what do you think.[attachment=12684:DSC00001.JPG][attachment=12685:DSC00002.JPG]

[attachment=14314:DSC00002.JPG][attachment=14317:DSC00017.JPG] The uniform is finally finished for all my fellow ODSTs to see in cluding my squad patch. Remember there are ODST fatiges that the ODST wear everyday when they are not in combat gear. More pics on just the uniform later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back