OK, don't laugh, are there any builders in Idaho?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OxidesOfPlasma

Name: William.. or Bill.. on a bad day it's hey, YOU.
Profession: Small business
Age: That is a number I would like to leave alone. It starts with a 5 and has more than 1 digit
Favorite Hobby: Long range shooting
Favorite part of halo: Nice imaginary worlds, takes you away from the dull of reality.
Favorite Halo: Don't have one
Favorite Video Game: OK even though this may bring on hate, my all time favorite is the Fallout series.
Other Interests: Building stuff
Favorite Food: Sushi is good
Favorite Finisher: Here's Johnny!
Favorite Xxxx Sounds: The Beat of rotor blades pulling hard pitch. Automatic fire
Favorite Movie(s): Behind Enemy Lines, Predator, Road Warrior
Other: I don't play video games much anymore. Bugs my eyes to much these days. Had way more fun than expected taking my son to a Portland Comicon a few years ago. The fan costumes are the best part. Anyhow, the thought of making the armor for HALO keeps coming up as a fun but long term project

Yep, I'm in idaho
Is there any kind of hard core group that gets together to build on armor? or is everybody kinda a solo player?
I don't qualify as a builder of armor. I've made a few items for my son, a clone trooper helmet, an Army of Two mask and the plasma cutter from dead space. Had never heard of pepakura until yesterday.

No qlue about any groups, I just started doing this late last year for my son and i. As for the solo thing, ya pretty much, I'm usually so busy with work that I just work on my projects when ever I get a free minute.

I'm in Boise, and with work and family I end up getting only about a half hour each evening for personal projects.

I'm in Boise, and with work and family I end up getting only about a half hour each evening for personal projects.

It is a familiar boat. I'm in the same one. Just thought that if there was a more local networked group I would make an effort to at least stop by and visit once. Likely plenty of folks do this around here. Just on there own schedule. Driving down Fairview my son spotted a Warthog parked in front of the O'Rielly's. We turned around and went back for a closer look. Turns out the guy that built it works there. Naturally no camera to get pictures.

I must have been sweet to spot an actual warthog. Not much chance of that happening over where I am. If you do go back, take the camera!!!

I must have been sweet to spot an actual warthog. Not much chance of that happening over where I am. If you do go back, take the camera!!!
First time my son spotted it we turned around to take a closer look. Went into the store and found the guy who made it. Turns out he works there but was getting off work in 10 min, not enough time to go home and get the camera.

He does not drive it every day and of course every time I do spot it... camera is at home. You get up close the detail is not high end, but it is the best one I've ever seen in person. OK, it is the only one I've seen in person. Summer is coming. I may stop in and see if he still works there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back