Ok, so I'm a tad confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcgamer15

First time armor maker, having some troubles...

OK, so, I have no clue what to do next...I have a layer of resin on the outer part of a right bicep. Now, once I fiberglass the inside, do I put body filler over the entire outside, or just parts I want to detail? Do I do the sanding before or after putting the bondo on?

(By the way, I'm a total noob at this; I've never worked with any of the supplies before, so I'm going solely by what the tutorials say...does the body filler needed a hardener as well? :S)

pcgamer15 said:
First time armor maker, having some troubles...

OK, so, I have no clue what to do next...I have a layer of resin on the outer part of a right bicep. Now, once I fiberglass the inside, do I put body filler over the entire outside, or just parts I want to detail? Do I do the sanding before or after putting the bondo on?

(By the way, I'm a total noob at this; I've never worked with any of the supplies before, so I'm going solely by what the tutorials say...does the body filler needed a hardener as well? :S)
I'd recommend to resin the outside twice (So one more resin layer outside since you did 1) if your gonna use Bondo (Body Filler)
Don't forget to resin the inside first before fiberglassing inside!
Sand after you put the Bondo on...and I think you do have to put hardner so its like reisn, you gotta work quick, didn't bondo mine yet :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but it looks nicer, with a rounder surface and if you didn't use bondo, it will be make the helmet look all polygon, but people shall be impressed anyway.

imMonkeyGOD said:
Yes but it looks nicer, with a rounder surface and if you didn't use bondo, it will be make the helmet look all polygon, but people shall be impressed anyway.
I thought that was what the sanding was supposed to do?

Dark Rogue said:
I thought that was what the sanding was supposed to do?

Yeah, a little bondo on the really polygonal parts + sanding will make it look round, but simply sanding should work for most of the suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back