One for 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazybunny

Jr Member
I have a question. Im starting on the process to sculpt, and im not making a whole body cast, im making it in seperate parts for my convenience.But can i sculpt ONE forearm piece on my arm piece and make 2 casts for both sides, or would it make it look dumb?

i plan on fiberglassin this

crazybunny said:
I have a question. Im starting on the process to sculpt, and im not making a whole body cast, im making it in seperate parts for my convenience.But can i sculpt ONE forearm piece on my arm piece and make 2 casts for both sides, or would it make it look dumb?

i plan on fiberglassin this
You should do paper maschette(spelling?) if you're going to use news paper :]
Or will that be too weak?

Last edited by a moderator:
it would look a hell of a lot better than two different sized or shaped forearms pieces. i'd just mold one that is straight and not curved for either arm.

Quite simply:

Try a different method or two.

Personally, I'd say to go about it in a completely different way.

First: I'd use PVA glue and a lot more paper than you're using right now. A quarter-inch layer will be strong enough, and if you mix the PVA/water ratio correctly, you'll manage to stick it all together fine. Just get a hairdryer on it to make sure it sets OK, assuming you have the time to do this at all.

Next: once the cast is complete, cut it off CAREFULLY. By this, I mean 'cut it off into two halves', unless one cut allows the piece to flex enough to slide off. In which case, lucky you.

After that all you need to do is add a few layers over the cut you made to seal it up, and you have yourself the perfect mould.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back