Origin Of Moljinor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pambo

I was doing some personal research into Norse Myth, and found that Thor's Hammer was the model for Master Chiefs fabled armor, here's my result:

In Norse mythology, Mjöllnir or Mjölner is the hammer of Thor, a major god associated with thunder in Norse mythology. Distinctively shaped, Mjöllnir is depicted in Norse mythology as one of the most fearsome weapons, used to slay any challengers. Though generally recognized and depicted as a hammer, Mjöllnir is sometimes referred to as an axe or club.
The Prose Edda gives a summary of Mjöllnir's special qualities in that, with Mjöllnir, Thor:

... would be able to strike as firmly as he wanted, whatever his aim, and the hammer would never fail, and if he threw it at something, it would never miss and never fly so far from his hand that it would not find its way back, and when he wanted, it would be so small that it could be carried inside his tunic.

See? you may now be as suprised as i was.

If you have the power, you could make me a veteran!

I also hope this isnt a dead thread

We talked about this alot when we were trying to come up with the 405th logo last year. The representations of it usually look like an upside down hammer and are representative of thunderhead wall clouds. Awesome nonetheless.

Tim has an awesome banhammer poster of it too around here somewhere. Anyway cool to see you around man.

Haha, good to see that you guys across the pond are catching up. ;)
This is... Mandatory for a Norwegian to know. ^^

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Haha, good to see that you guys across the pond are catching up. ;)
This is... Mandatory for a Norwegian to know. ^^

the whole mjolnir hammer was mentioned in halo first strike

Last edited by a moderator:
S1l3nt V1p3r said:
And still you guys never knew until then. ;)

i use to be a massive fan of norwigen mythology and knew about thor (thors hammer was also meationed in stargate 2-3 times) in case there are any fans here

Last edited by a moderator:
Its nice to see people interested in all aspects of the armor, not just the look :)
BTW: you spelled "mjolnir" wrong in the title... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back