Other ways to make armour strong other then resin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goboy3133

Hi guys. I'm making some Halo Reach armour and my dad won't let me get any resin (I'm 13) to make it stronger. I'm thinking of using paper mache, but I know that won't be that strong. Anybody have any cheep solutions? Thx.

Hi guys. I'm making some Halo Reach armour and my dad won't let me get any resin (I'm 13) to make it stronger. I'm thinking of using paper mache, but I know that won't be that strong. Anybody have any cheep solutions?

Not cheap, but if your dad is concerned about safety, Aqua Resin might be the solution.

Yeah, paper mache probably isn't the best option... As the almighty Ventrue said, aqua resin is probably the way to go. Less toxic (is it toxic at all?).

i dont know much about this method but there is a way you can use hot glue as a hardener. i dont know much about it, i'd recommend trolling the site alittle more

For the ultimate in non-toxic, go foam. You put it together with hot glue and plastidip it. No hazardous fumes and it is a little more flexible and comfortable.

If you are going with a hard suit (or for the helmet), I would suggest a two-part plastic or aqua resin. You still need ventilation, no matter what you are going to do, though.

i dont know much about this method but there is a way you can use hot glue as a hardener. i dont know much about it, i'd recommend trolling the site alittle more

I tried this out by using a THICK layer of hot glue. I think this would work for a younger person if they are only wearing once or twice. Be prepared for some repairs though. Bonus is, it also flexes a bit too. It doesn't warp the pep much either.

The only problem I had with hot glue was the detailing process.

If you are planning to use bondo or something similar, then there is a chance it will crack on some areas, besides, sanding hot glue is a pain.

How much is aqua resin? My dad is more of the cheap ass then the cautious for my safty (although he does care for my safty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back