Paint for Pre-made Weapon Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GingerBiscuit

I'm currently creating a weapon wall for my gaming room. I had picked up the battle rifle and pistol from a vendor (I know they aren't really true to scale but totally work for what I'm doing). I love how finished the pistol looks but hate the finish of the rifle so I am wanting to paint the rifle. They are both made of some type of foam but I'm honestly now sure what kind as I'm new to anything foam in crafting. I'm adding a photo for reference. Can anyone help with what type of paint is ok to use? I'm thinking acrylics (I have high quality ones) should work but I want to be sure. Any help is welcome!
339564903_598769572304934_6777427827243457155_n.jpg

I'm currently creating a weapon wall for my gaming room. I had picked up the battle rifle and pistol from a vendor (I know they aren't really true to scale but totally work for what I'm doing). I love how finished the pistol looks but hate the finish of the rifle so I am wanting to paint the rifle. They are both made of some type of foam but I'm honestly now sure what kind as I'm new to anything foam in crafting. I'm adding a photo for reference. Can anyone help with what type of paint is ok to use? I'm thinking acrylics (I have high quality ones) should work but I want to be sure. Any help is welcome!View attachment 329880
Those are some cool looking props! They are probably EVA or Foamboard. Acrylics should be fine. Dry brushing with silver spray paint on hard edges always gives a really realistic wearing look to things when done correctly as well.

Do you know who the vendor is? If you bought it at a convention, there's a good chance it's probably a foam latex sort of material. If the outside feels kind of rubbery, and doesn't have pores, it could be latex (or a similar, allergen-free material)

RadMax117 did a repaint of one of these for his Rakshasa build:

RadMax117 did a repaint of one of these for his Rakshasa build:
Thank you! That repaint is amazing and now I'm super inspired! Off to create I go!

Do you know who the vendor is? If you bought it at a convention, there's a good chance it's probably a foam latex sort of material. If the outside feels kind of rubbery, and doesn't have pores, it could be latex (or a similar, allergen-free material)
Got the details from Cadet! That link to the redo is pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back