Papasmurf's Painted W.i.p. Frag Grenade Molded And Painted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ever make a run of these I'm definitely interested. They are just too cool to pass.

Would you mold them from rubber so that we can actually toss them?

i have been thinking and looking into rubber cant decide between flex foam or Reoflex rubber but maybe on the next run

Let me know how the flex foam turns out, I'm wanting to try it but a little wary (oh my god those look awesome). I know you said anyone can do it but they look flawless!!!!

teletron1 said:
Let me know how the flex foam turns out, I'm wanting to try it but a little wary (oh my god those look awesome). I know you said anyone can do it but they look flawless!!!!

thanks. i know what your saying im wary too because flex foam expands around 8 times in volume i might have to make some modification to my current mold (dont want the mold to explode when flex foam starts expanding... :( ) or just make another mold just for flex foam. thats why i was looking in to reoflex because dose not expand when it cures and its soft and rubbery but i think i might give both a try see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work. They do look a lot like Link's and Newspartancreator's. Newspartancreator though has and still makes these in resin and foam; depending on what you want. Just wanted to let everyone know. I know you just have to pm him to get details. I am curious to know though when you do make your run what kind of foam are you going to use and what are you going to charge for them?

well it been a while since i have posted an update for the frag grenade but i finally got around to it. a while back i said i was going to cast a grenade in rubber well did it. i used VytaFlex 20 cause my supplier ran out of Reoflex so here are some pic of what came out. i still have to work on roto-casting cause i got a small bubble. either wise its a perfect cast almost zero flash. It is soft like a rubber ball it also has some weight to it. i hope you guys enjoy the pics.

4223203742_4205ecd65a_o.jpg

4222438889_a3fbec6297_o.jpg

4222438653_fee1712d29_o.jpg

4223191030_4a7f526a12_o.jpg

4222438759_4ceeecb5df_o.jpg

rundown said:
i'm gonna just ask what everybody will think: does it bounce? :eek

I was asking my self the same thing.

Pat

rundown said:
i'm gonna just ask what everybody will think: does it bounce? :eek

Garzak said:
I was asking my self the same thing.

Pat

"rubber will be rubber" yes it bounces. as to how much bounce im going have to run some tests lol

Meleck said:
Hummm, frag grenade... Yummy. I've got to check the classified....

well.. your not going to find it in the classified since im not veteran status yet for some reason .... lol

but you can PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back