Paper Mache, then Resin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shad0w Sniped

Ok, I plan to have my helmet done by Halloween and I need a few questions answered.

What is the best way to organize your pieces before gluing? The whole pile just looks like a randomized mess to me.

Also, Since I have no funds whatsoever right now, I planned on paper macheing my helmet, than after Halloween, resining.

Would this process work and if so, would it be the normal strength?

I wanted to try paper mache. But now i just want to find out whats the best. I might buy a helmet kit on ebay. But telll me how yours goes

You are best off resining the helmet then fiberglassing after Halloween, as paper machine takes longer than a coat or two of resin. It will be better that way, and lighter, and stronger. As for making the pepakura helmet...good luck. I was a Lego prodigy, am good at building stuff like this, and making the helmet still took a week of working from when I get home from school till 11 or 12 at night. And that was with hot glue which dries instantly, and I didn't even take the time to draw out the score lines, as I'm good enough with and Exacto to make freehand cuts even of their on the back of the paper.

Shad0w Sniped said:
Ok, I plan to have my helmet done by Halloween and I need a few questions answered.

What is the best way to organize your pieces before gluing? The whole pile just looks like a randomized mess to me.

Also, Since I have no funds whatsoever right now, I planned on paper macheing my helmet, than after Halloween, resining.

Would this process work and if so, would it be the normal strength?
You should start with the piece with numero 1, then work from there. KEEP your pieces organized.
I have no idea about the resin part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back