• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kckilla

I am pretty sure our government could make a pelican like vehicle in real life, i mean there is the harrier, it would cost a WHOLE lot but who would fight you if you rolled up in one of them, it would able to take off vertically like a helicopter but still go fast!!

Yes, but gameplay speed isn't anywhere near the speed of actual life. Life-scale halo vehicles would be awesome to experience.

There's actually a plane that should be replacing the harrier in the coming years. Rather than just a few thrusters giving it vertical lift, then entire rear thruster pivots 90, or so, degrees down. But yeah, a real Pelican would be nice, there's a lot of concepts being worked up to transport injured troops off the field safely and quickly. I saw a concept in some magazine when I got my haircut recently.

Please don't double/tripple post. Use the edit button to put what you were going to say into your first post. Thank you.

As for the Topic, am I really the only one that noticed that the Pelican's wings probably aren't capable of keeping it in the air. They're short, and fat, and even look pretty symetrical.

But then again, I'm no engineer, so what do I know about that stuff, right? ;-)

ah, but a warthog would be nice as well, with the LAAG chain gun attached, its a force to be wreckoned with. (use in military only, public should get warthog jeep w/o LAAG chaingun for the price of around $10,000 or less)

SPARTAN+MJOLNIR=OWNAGE said:
Please don't double/tripple post.
As for the Topic, am I really the only one that noticed that the Pelican's wings probably aren't capable of keeping it in the air. They're short, and fat, and even look pretty symetrical.

But then again, I'm no engineer, so what do I know about that stuff, right? ;-)

The Pelican doesnt rely on its wings to keep it in the air, it relies on the 6 thrusters pointing 'downwards' as there is no downwards in space and if ur doing a looping down is up.

Shotgun King said:
ah, but a warthog would be nice as well, with the LAAG chain gun attached, its a force to be wreckoned with. (use in military only, public should get warthog jeep w/o LAAG chaingun for the price of around $10,000 or less)

NO I wanna have the hog AND the LAAG or if possible the M68 Gauss Canon (gonna wreak havoc in my town :hyper: :hyper: )

Last edited by a moderator:
When the Pelican moves forwards, the beams facing down disappear... it could be that their turned down really low but they certainly are much less noticeable than when the pelican is just hovering, implying that it does rest on its wings to some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back