Pep armor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

grunt eater

when you make pep armor if you use cardstock when you put it together, then layer with two more layers of cardstock/cardboard( and if I use hot glue and bondo), do you need to use fiberglass and resin? My mom doesn't want me to use them, so if the armor will still look good without it then I won't, but I can convince her if it will look like crap.

Think of it this way. Layering will make it look curvier which is not what you want. It will give it more support, but it will still be just as weak as one layer, but more layers will just make it thicker and harder to pierce. Resin is just layering on a rock basically on the armour.
You could...But it wouldnt be as good looking.

for the hot glue method you just make the pep model like normally. then glue small strips and peices of cardboard to the inside. And then apply layers of hot glue to build up strength. On the out side you can use bondo to smooth it out buts it's toxic

Crossfire said:
for the hot glue method you just make the pep model like normally. then glue small strips and peices of cardboard to the inside. And then apply layers of hot glue to build up strength. On the out side you can use bondo to smooth it out buts it's toxic

you used bondo didnt you

Last edited by a moderator:
Just use a cartridge filter mask, sells for 25 bucks and it protects you from the fumes completely. Just wear googles and gloves and you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back