Pepakura Alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam294

Jr Member
When people use pepakura they usually fiber glass that which can be expensive.Sadly, I can't afford to buy the items for that so I was wondering what would be a good and inexpensive way to make my armor with pepakura. I was thinking maybe paper mache. Has anyone used paper mache to make pepakura armor, if so please post some pictures so I can see how it turns out.

So ya that's pretty much it...

Thanks,
Adam

I paper mached mine and it doesn't look all that good. It gets the message across, but it's not the best.

If you do paper mache it, make sure you only do about 2 inches at a time, startign at the bottom and working your way up. I did it like this and waited 2 days so it was completely dry when I did it. Then do the next few inches.

Fiberglass cost 6 dollars, resin cost 12 dollars, if you cant afford a few cans of resin and a few sheets of glass, then you may not get a quality peice of work.

2 cans of resin, 3 sheets of fiberglass. 12 dollars a can, 6 dollars a sheet. 18+24=42

42+12dollar cardstock=54

White/black base coat paint, 2-3 cans, 1 dollar each at Big lots, make sure you get flat.

The total is around 100 dollars.

No matter what you will spend like 30 dollars on paint, and another 30 on a visor. 1 can of base wont do the entire suit of armor, you need 2-3, then you need 2-3 of your main coating too, then 1 can of black for burns, and one can of silver for damage.

Adam294 said:
When people use pepakura they usually fiber glass that which can be expensive.Sadly, I can't afford to buy the items for that so I was wondering what would be a good and inexpensive way to make my armor with pepakura. I was thinking maybe paper mache. Has anyone used paper mache to make pepakura armor, if so please post some pictures so I can see how it turns out.
So ya that's pretty much it...
Thanks,
Adam

HEY adam what is the price on the fiberglass sheets?

i thought it was pretty cheap

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam294 said:
Wow...it sound like you really now what your doing when it comes to making armor....

Well he is a veteran.

And DAMN alexonekenobe, that's a HUGE sig.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back