Pepakura files help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Well im trying to get the elites armor on pepakura. Like the arm and leg armor and chest... etc.

I downloaded the whole elite files but i cant find any of the armor??

Did you download the zip file I linked to? They are all .3DS models, so you can drag them directly into Pep... All you need is the one named elite.3ds, it's the full model, but it's already divided into main parts ( head, torso, arms, legs... You'll have to do the pattern proccess youtrself, it's not nearly as hard as it looks... :)

Wolf

herogear said:
Did you download the zip file I linked to? They are all .3DS models, so you can drag them directly into Pep... All you need is the one named elite.3ds, it's the full model, but it's already divided into main parts ( head, torso, arms, legs... You'll have to do the pattern proccess youtrself, it's not nearly as hard as it looks... :)

Wolf

How would I divide all the parts?

" it's already divided into main parts ( head, torso, arms, legs...) "

I'm starting to realize that about 75% of the people here are going to be sorely dissappointed with how thier suits turn out...

Before you can build a house, you need the tools... Then you need to learn to use the tools.

Then you need the materials.... Then you need to know the materials.

& finally, you need to know how to read the blueprints, & put it all together.

Sorry if I sound like a teacher... But I was.... lol ;)

This is REALLY not something for 'noobs' to rush into blind a few weeks before halloween... I don't want to discourage the creative proccess, but I forsee at least 1 person getting seriously hurt trying to rush into this... Cut, burned, poisoned... It's all extremely possible with these materials.

Wolf

herogear said:
" it's already divided into main parts ( head, torso, arms, legs...) "
I'm starting to realize that about 75% of the people here are going to be sorely dissappointed with how thier suits turn out...

Before you can build a house, you need the tools... Then you need to learn to use the tools.

Then you need the materials.... Then you need to know the materials.

& finally, you need to know how to read the blueprints, & put it all together.
Sorry if I sound like a teacher... But I was.... lol ;)

This is REALLY not something for 'noobs' to rush into blind a few weeks before halloween... I don't want to discourage the creative proccess, but I forsee at least 1 person getting seriously hurt trying to rush into this... Cut, burned, poisoned... It's all extremely possible with these materials.

Wolf

ok for one, Im half way done with this costume. And two, Im not trying to rush to finish by halloween. I just need to know how to get the files onto pepakura. I have already had experience with pepakura but had not divided up parts like this.

I dont need the arms or the torso, I need the armor parts on them. The models already have the armor on the body so I need to know how to seperate them.

Elite armor wont fit you, it's not made for humans, so the head peice will be half the size of your head, the only way to make it fit would be to model the mesh or to make the helmet sooo big, it would fit. ...dont get me started on the torso.

[attachment=690:elite_armour.zip]

Here... The rest is up to you... :)

Under the 3dmodelwindow, click show object list... Uncheck any parts you don't need, I divided it up & removed the 'soft parts'...

Wolf

AoBfrost said:
Elite armor wont fit you, it's not made for humans, so the head peice will be half the size of your head, the only way to make it fit would be to model the mesh or to make the helmet sooo big, it would fit. ...dont get me started on the torso.

I know that! haha! Check out the Elite costume thread in Molded armor.

Herogear, Thanks alot! Thats exactly what I needed! Sorry for being a bit pissy. I just hate it when people think your a noob just because you are new to the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back