Pepakura Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halo520

Ok people have told me to use Pepakura to make my MC helmet. I resized them from what the FAQ says and not sure what to do next.I cut them out and glued them to cardboard. After that, I have peices of cardboard to glue together, but i have have no idea which side to glue or how to put them together. I understand that you need Resin and liquid hardener for the outside of the helmet, but why would u need Fiberglass (does fiberglass go on the outside or inside?) and how would you apply a fiberglass sheet/mat??? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! o_O

well u u see that there are numbers on the papers right u match those up to each other and glue and u should use regular paper and stick it to card board u should just use card stock its alot less trouble and holds up well u fiber glass resin the outside and fiberglass cloth the inside to hold it up u dont fiber glass both side at one inside and out no u have to do one at a time use a respirator when fiberglassing and thats about it besides paint

Orijtega please use correct punctuation cause I have no idea what your talking about and you haven't answered my question about why do I need fiberglass, where do I put it, and how to put it on. Cheech if you could give me some links it would be very helpful because I couldn't find any other forums like this one o_O . Thanks for the help .

ojrtega said:
well u u see that there are numbers on the papers right u match those up to each other and glue and u should use regular paper and stick it to card board u should just use card stock its alot less trouble and holds up well u fiber glass resin the outside and fiberglass cloth the inside to hold it up u dont fiber glass both side at one inside and out no u have to do one at a time use a respirator when fiberglassing and thats about it besides paint

um, what did you say? o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont glue them to cardboard, print them on cardstock, cardboard cant fold like cardstock can, cardstock is strong like cardboard, but thin like paper.

Peice them 1 to 1, 2 to 2, and so on, dont use cardboard if your gluing pep onto it, it's too hard, just make the armor with a 12 dollar pack of cardstock 110lb, much more accurately shaped too. Then spend a good 50 dollars on resin and glass, then another 50 on paint and have a glorious pep suit.

basically u just said what i wrote but not as much and my suit cost me like 30 dollars and took 2 weeks to make

It depends on what you use to make your suit, if you use cardboard it can take 2-3 weeks, if you make pep it will take 3-4 weeks to make.

If you make cardboard armor it can cost 30-50 dollars, if you use pep and spend your money on a visor, resin and glass, and a nice paintjob, it will cost alot of money 100+ dollars, I spent 50-60 on paint for my suit just to make it look textures, properly colored, and damaged, I could have just bought 1 spray can of green and do it, but I wanted something more realistic looking.

i bought like 3 cans of paint i did the pep armor and used fiber glass resin and did all the steps and it took 2 weeks but i didnt buy a good visor also i need to battle scar it but ill do that later i just did a regular suit with some black spots as if burns, paint wear etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back