Pepakura is ticking me off!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seno Ypsamee

OK, I want to get started on my Halo-ween cardboard armor, using pepakura as my guide, and I'm using regular paper and all that, blah, blah, blah, but when I go to print my sheet, it WILL NOT print the Edge ID, but on the main pepakura page, it shows it in the 2-D model, adn on the print preview it shows it, BUT NOT WHEN I PRINT!!!

I think I have already made a topic on this, but it is really starting to piss me off so I do not really care right now. I have everything I need to finish this project, but I refuse to have to go through and write the numbers on each piece...

Any help is great, my printer is not that old, it's a Canon S530D, so, I'm sure it's a newer printer, so, it's not the printer...

PLEASE HELP MEH!!!

Stop Screaming, I already told you the setting may be on transparancy 100%, try setting it to 0%, dont be stupid, try looking around on the progam no one will keep holding your hand, by the way, it's too late for halloween, I started last week of september and I'm only 75% done after a whole month, I work 3-4 hours a day.

CHILL.

lol, I've always wanted to say that :p
Talk about confidence to finishing the armor, don't worry, you would be able to finish it off as long as you work on it every single day till Halloween

just check what the first person said and as long as u spend a good amount of time on the armor u should finish in time since i barely started my armor last week and im already done with the pepakura part now just to fiber glass and to paint i guess.

Third time he said "I'm going to make the armor from cardboard" then changes back to pep, if your going to start, please start and stop switching your mind in the middle of the project.

Woah... everyone be nice, dang... if you can't get your MC done before Haloween/Halloween.... just go as a Ninja, they are still cool to..

"Ok, who invited the Ninjas.... But there is always next year, and that gives you about 370 days to complete the MC armor...

As for doing it by haloween, its totally possible with pep, if you get started today, and only plan on resin and glass work, and a slap of paint.... I am not anyone to halfway do anything, but if you try to smooth anything with Bondo Putty or Glaze, I will say that you may not finish, or worse, you may make it unwearable for haloween unless you go as a Flood infected MC...

My Recomendation from the experience it takes and the amount of time I have into my project (which is not for Haloween), you would be better off printing your pep on card stock, putting a few coats of resin on the outside, light fiberglass on the inside, and paint away.... did I say this Allready....

I will give you a Schedule... you can modify it, but you need to make one, and stick to it... work every weeknight, and all day weekends... Never rest, the MC never stops moving... you stop moving, you die... figure of speach...

(10/16 - 10/17) -- Print your armor onto card stock, and keep the parts seperated (they share similar edge IDs, trust me, seperate them)
(10/17 - 10/21) -- Cut out, fold, and glue Each piece of your armor
(10/21 - 10/23) -- Resin the Outside of every piece
(10/23 - 10/26) -- Fiberglass the Inside of your Armor
(10/26 - 10/28) -- Paint your armor and install whatever visor you go with into Helm..
(10/28 - 10/30) -- Put your armor in a warm, well ventiallated, non-Humid environment to help air out the chemical smells
(10/28 - 10/30) -- Find your under suit, at this point, a black long sleeve t-shirt, some black pants, gloves, and a ski mask for the helmet and neck sock will work
(10/31) Haloween... Halloween.... go out as an MC and no one will care about the little details, its not a convention your going to .... its your neighbors houses, its a friends house...
(11/1 - 10/31/2008) Sand the armor down, apply whatever finishing product you would like, and detail the heck out of your MC... Theres always next Haloween to go as a "decked out" MC..

Well Said. I might use the schedule even though I'm done with the resining part :D So more time for me!

I'm always so picky about the detail. I'm pretty much like "IT MUST BE PERFECT!" But It won't be since it is my first helmet :p So my next one will be :D (Halo 3 Helmet)

AoBfrost said:
Third time he said "I'm going to make the armor from cardboard" then changes back to pep, if your going to start, please start and stop switching your mind in the middle of the project.
Erm... I am going to make a Pepakura one as well, I'm just making cardboard one to get used to it and not throw hundreds of dollars awy...

btw, I sent you a PM to ask you how to check the transparency of the edge id, but I looked all over the program and did not find it...

I'm not being stupid, I just need help as quick as possible if I want to finish in time. I'm new to peakura, and I'm sue you wanted help at first as well. I have started on the forearms, but I wrote in the numbers myself...

also, sorry for yelling then, I only meant to caps please, but I forgot about the caps being on...

I'm using the pepakura as a guide for the cardboard, I am not resining or any of that, just using the pepakura as a guide and spray painting the cardboard, thanks for the help, and sorry I wasted some peoples time <.<

EDIT: In the other places where I had caps, that was not screaming, I was just emphesising what was going on, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, you dont need hundreds of dollars for pepakura armor, if you want the stardard type, then just spend 50-100, second, if you dont have the money, this isnt our fault, it's yours for starting a project you cant even afford.

AoBfrost said:
First off, you dont need hundreds of dollars for pepakura armor, if you want the stardard type, then just spend 50-100, second, if you dont have the money, this isnt our fault, it's yours for starting a project you cant even afford.
No dude, I was correcting where you said I kept changing what I was going to do, and second, unless you are going to try and help instead of just flaming me, please try not to spam up my topic, thank you...

EDIT: sorry if there are some spelling mistakes, I hate laptops

I'm not flaming you, but I'm stating a fact if you want nice armor like you claim you do, then you need money, if your still a kid and rely off your parents then forget the project because your parents wont shell out 100 dollars for armor that they believe isnt needed, I'm building my armor from my own money, that I EARN from my job, and I havent stopped once because I dont want to shell out money, I keep going because I know even though this is costly, it will come out quality, the cheaper ways will never come out as good if you rush and dont put your time and money into it, just cardboard isnt at all sturdy if your going out on halloween, I can assue cardboard will bend easily while walking and if it rains on halloween, there goes the costume.

I'm not spamming the topic either, if you want to see spam, go read the 3 topics you made about "Are there any tips for cutting and folding" the same question asked 2-3 times in 2-3 different threads, not needed.

AoBfrost said:
I'm not flaming you, but I'm stating a fact if you want nice armor like you claim you do, then you need money, if your still a kid and rely off your parents then forget the project because your parents wont shell out 100 dollars for armor that they believe isnt needed, I'm building my armor from my own money, that I EARN from my job, and I havent stopped once because I dont want to shell out money, I keep going because I know even though this is costly, it will come out quality, the cheaper ways will never come out as good if you rush and dont put your time and money into it, just cardboard isnt at all sturdy if your going out on halloween, I can assue cardboard will bend easily while walking and if it rains on halloween, there goes the costume.

I'm not spamming the topic either, if you want to see spam, go read the 3 topics you made about "Are there any tips for cutting and folding" the same question asked 2-3 times in 2-3 different threads, not needed.

Anyways, I DO have money, but I DO NOT have enough to go out and pend $100 on armor and totally screw it up. If I make my first from cardboard, and get used to the process, then I should not have any problems. As for this thread being mad, I was mad at the pepakura and something going on with my family, sorry guys, I'm such a n00b...

I don't believe cardboard is going to give you the same experience you will have with Pep... but build what you want, and you will get a feel for the hobby at least, and don't get discouraged, the worst direction to move in a hobby is backwards... Good Luck

Spase said:
I don't believe cardboard is going to give you the same experience you will have with Pep... but build what you want, and you will get a feel for the hobby at least, and don't get discouraged, the worst direction to move in a hobby is backwards... Good Luck
Well, I mean, I'm doing it to basically know how everything is going to work out, thanks again, sorry for being a n00b/butthole earlier!

AoBfrost said:
Theres no way standard box cardboard will bend and be plyable like cardstock...
actually, you are right, it doesn't, but it is still working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back