Pepakura PDF Database!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geko Props

Hi everybody,

Over the last few days i have been finishing up an E.O.D helmet and working on my Halo 4 BR and I was thinking about the super awesome Official 405th Database (many thanks to MissingSpartan7 and all others involved) but it is all pdo files which sucks for mac users, who can not open PDOs natively. Now, to the point of this post... I have been mulling over an idea that i could start a super-secret-evil-all-pdf:p MAC user database. So if you like my idea let me know :cool if not tell me why. if this actually comes to be and you want to chip in everybody's welcome as long as the file (or two;)) is in pdf format. there may be issues for armour (like sizing) but we could have... say Carter Reach 4-5 feet, etc tell me what you think. let me know if you like or if theres a huge flaw in my plan:D, and for the people that like it... welcome to the dark side!! we have cookies!!!

Geko_props

This idea actually has been tried in the past, and a few files were converted to PDF form, but the idea died pretty quickly. There's a lot to take into account, but the biggest issue is, as you hinted, scale. Creating a series of PDFs for different sizes is extremely time-consuming and still won't fit everyone. The other factor is motivation. If a member has access to Pepakura, it's unlikely that he/she would take on this daunting task, unless that member is unusually generous.
If it works this time around, great.

This idea actually has been tried in the past, and a few files were converted to PDF form, but the idea died pretty quickly. There's a lot to take into account, but the biggest issue is, as you hinted, scale. Creating a series of PDFs for different sizes is extremely time-consuming and still won't fit everyone. The other factor is motivation. If a member has access to Pepakura, it's unlikely that he/she would take on this daunting task, unless that member is unusually generous.
If it works this time around, great.

these files will not open even in pepakura viewer, help!!!

great PDF files will i need to convert them?

No, you open PDF files with Adobe Acrobat or Photoshop. There is no way to convert a PDF to a PDO.

BTW, you're asking for help with this problem in more than one thread. Pick a thread and stick to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back