Peterthethinker's Props for Donut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outta curiosity, what kind of plastic ball? It's hard to tell from the picture how big the bomb is.

Benton the ball is Poly Syreine . 8 inch.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Ive picked up a NERF crossbolt to make in to a HYDRA

HAIL HYDRA!
Doing the CAD tonight as parts for my Elite are drying . multitask for the Win...

20160316_005449.jpg

Stage one Done!
It CAN rotate on a 10 mm shaft.

http://www.123dapp.com/123D_Design/HYDRA-public-Front-V1-/5331282
CAD file for V1

TESTER2.png

Drafted from this image . Not shabby for 2H of CAD time .

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...r_Hydra.png/revision/latest?cb=20150615212052

OK the first part is mated and the scale is good!
Infact the width of the drafted part mates to part of the sawed off NERF blaster body
.20160316_080557.jpg
The upper part of the NERF will need a transition part drafted ...

I love it. Quick question though. I've noticed that the Nerf logo is left on a lot of the gun conversions. Is there a reason? I figure I should ask before I do anything stupid and make something that I couldn't take anywhere.

I dont bother taking it off as its kinda for me a way to show how a kids toy can be body-modded to a semi close to game prop..

Covi datapad V1 . V2 is printing.

Drafted the handle from scratch in CAD. TAP plastics made me a few inserts.

first one is neon second is clear and will be lit up from the edge as soon as I FRYS opens up to grab a set of amber strip LEDs

P1230044.JPG

Here is a concept test with some spare green LEDs I have on the clear insert

2P1230039.jpg

It looks the same lit from the inside. I needed a way to hold the LEDs so test was from ouside..

STOP ITS HAMMER TIME X3

Ive decided to make 3 grav hammers for the con. they want foam Ill give them foam!

Ive found a sick way to draft my foam patterns . I use my spare 10 Lumen pocket projector and a tripod to project it on to foam core as a template then Xfer that to the EVA

We will have half a Grifball match !
Heck I have the ball.

hammers are going as fast as my glue wil Cool ...
Irony We use hot glue . Yet its put on some rather high R value foam... Thermos FAIL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back