Phenry's Mark 6 Armor Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

phenry

Jr Member
To start off, I'm guessing this is where I tell you guys a little about my life story in regards to the 405th? Well, I actually found the costuming wiki before I found this forum, and I started making most of the normal definition parts, until I scrolled up a little and discovered the wonders of HD. Since then I found this forum, joined once registration opened back up, and am now finally making my progress thread. Here's the pictures of my progress so far, I hope you enjoy.

Oh and any criticism is gladly accepted, but I think my biggest problem so far is building parts too small and realizing it upon completion. So far I've messed up the codpiece and a thigh. Oh well.

My first HD pieces:

P1010128.jpg

Working on the FS helmet:

P1010126.jpg

FS helmet done:

P1010132.jpg

Hand Plates resined:

P1010143.jpg

Helmet fiberglassed:

P1010154.jpg

Helmet bondo'd:

P1010166.jpg

New pep pieces:

P1010174.jpg

Awesome folds, man! :) Great work. Your bondo work looks pretty neat! ^^

Keep up the good work, man. :)

Thanks for all the compliments, I should hopefully be priming my helmet tonight and fiberglassing a bunch more parts, so new pics should be up soon.

Edit://

And here they are. Well some at least. Priming definitely gives me a definitive idea of what resin globs need sanding and pits need spot putty. That should be taken care of tomorrow, along with running errands for more resin and super glue so some more forward progress can be made.

P1010181.jpg

P1010183.jpg

Just a quick update, I got a few more pieces in the process of resin/fiberglassing, and have begun pepping the FS torso. I sanded the helmet for hopefully the second to last time, since it's still waiting on spot putty to fill in the remaining blemishes.

P1010190.jpg

P1010192.jpg

I got most of the padding figured out, as it was donated from my old pro-tec helmet. I need to space the circular piece in a little bit, but other than that it's pretty secure and comfortable.

P1010200.jpg

Now all that's left is spot putty, sanding, one more coat of primer, base color, weathering, visor and LEDs. Hooray!

Chip475 said:
Nice... are you also planning on molding?

I probably won't have time for any of that with this build, especially since I have no idea how to make molds to begin with. I'm trying to finish up by August before I go back to school, and so far I think I'm on schedule.

I went ahead and did another coat of Bondo instead of spot putty, and I think it came out pretty good. Some spots still need to be touched up with putty and sanded, but other than that I think it's just about ready to get the base coat.

P1010201.jpg

P1010202.jpg

P1010203.jpg

P1010204.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty much done with my helmet, all I need to do is go out and buy some hot glue for the LEDs and order some visors. The rest of my armor is coming along nicely (although I have no pictures of my progress), I've really put the hammer down on working this past week and will hopefully continue this productive spell for a while.

P1010260.jpg

P1010261.jpg

P1010251.jpg

P1010250.jpg

that helmet looks great man, just don't forget to add in the cheek vents.

can't wait to see it with the visor in, good luck with the rest of the suit!

It's definitely coming together really well.. so clean and so nice!

If you're not done with FS's HD torso then good luck, that thing was beast.

Keep up the good work!

Long time no update, eh? I've been getting a lot of work done as of late, and as far as pepping goes I just need to finish up the right boot. I have most of the armor resined, with a few other pieces being fiberglassed and bondo'd. Hope you enjoy!

P1010267.jpg

P1010266.jpg

P1010325.jpg

P1010328.jpg

woah sweet progress. nice clean folds. Keep up the awsome work. Ae you going to put led's and all that stuff in your helmet???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back