Planet Comicon Info and Roll Call: March 17-19, 2023 (Kansas City, MO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats fantastic. Does he have an insta so when we get photos back we can tag him. Also I'm down with meeting before 10. I know the street (12th st) right in front of Bartle gets closed so that can be a good meeting point.

First post updated with booth shift sign-ups.

As we're getting close, I'll be doing my best to keep that first post updated with the latest important info so things don't get buried.
I agree that moving the photoshoot to start earlier may make sense at least to get the group photos in and allow whoever works the first shift Saturday the time to get individual shots if possible. Barring weather I think last year's meeting place in the plaza across from Bartle Hall worked really well, but if the weather isn't great then 13th st where the street's closed is a great backup.

Also updated first post to include a Google Drive to share photos.

Last edited:
So for some reason it is not letting me edit the doc to sign up. But I would like to do the noon to 2 and 2-4 shifts on Saturday. One block suited, and the other I can be or not be suited.

Also, with there only being 8 passes, how will we be able to get in without having to be there all day? I have a newborn I’ll have to take care of too.

His IG is @george_not_available and he will be uploading to a google drive or and sending them to me almost immediately and I can share that. He hasn't learned to do editing yet so these will be some of his first attempts. Hes also the same one I had with me at C2E2

For photoshoot I think 0800 or 0830 would be good just in case it runs long and that time has some pretty good lighting for a back drop.

Also for dinner plans for Saturday, places close by that can reserve a table that I think would be good:

1. MetropolitanKC

2. Tavernonna Italian Kitchen

3. Yard house (did last year)

4. Hot pot in the plaza

For photoshoot I think 0800 or 0830 would be good just in case it runs long and that time has some pretty good lighting for a back drop.

Also for dinner plans for Saturday, places close by that can reserve a table that I think would be good:

1. MetropolitanKC

2. Tavernonna Italian Kitchen

3. Yard house (did last year)

4. Hot pot in the plaza
Man… Which it being that late after the con I wont be to join as I have reservations with my dad to go somewhere. Will just have to wait till Galaxy

All these places sound really good. I'm down for whatever place you guys are wanting to go to.

Last edited:
I would also vote yardhouse. It’s probably easier for them to accommodate a big group too.

I got a few shifts filled out for the booth but I may be able to do more after I receive my schedule for my Just-Us League booth.

Also, with there only being 8 passes, how will we be able to get in without having to be there all day? I have a newborn I’ll have to take care of too.
For the passes im seeing if discounted passes will be a option for us as well, once i have members signed up i can pass the info to the event runner. in the meantime the exhibitor pass will just be passed between people who run the booth at certain times or some tied to specific members. More details to follow.

Yard House works for me. I don't care just as long as we get a reservation.

I signed up for booth shifts and will probably be around for more like Galaxycon.

Its going to be real fun trying to get into my suit in time for 8am! It took me close to an hour last time without help.

I can call to make a reservation, I'll just need a hard confirmation of everyone whis gonna make it and what time we think we'll be there. Right now just looking at the boots on ground list and knowing who's all with me, we've got about a 20 person reservation.

Added Yard House as location for dinner and a tentative time of 8:00 AM for photoshoot start on the first post.
Looked up the weather for the 18th, and it appears like there's a chance of morning rain and/or snow with a low of 33°F and a high of 52°F, so we may need to utilize the backup meeting place and figure out an indoor photo location.

First post also updated with changing area and set up info.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back