Planned Hybrid Armor

I look forward to seeing more progress! With how many attachments you have on the helmet i would be cautious about weight. A heavy helmet can make your neck hurt and give you a headache if you wear it to long. If you are the one printing, you might be able to use a lower infil % on the attachments themselves so they are lighter?
Yeah I’ll likely probably be printing the attachments at a lower Infill than the rest of the helmet. Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah I’ll likely probably be printing the attachments at a lower Infill than the rest of the helmet. Thanks for the feedback!
Your welcome! Finding the balance of strength and weight is always a struggle. Id recommend Tri-hexagon as the infill pattern since its strongest. I look forward to see it come to life!

Fixed the opacity issue and now I need opinions the shins are two different files ones for foam from Halo Infinite MJOLNIR Mark VII and one is from Halo Infinite - Mark VII - Chest, Waist (COD),Knee, and Shins by moesizzlac this is so that I can print part of the shin and make the calf part foam since I would like the detail in that little dip at the front to be preserved. Either way I would like some suggestions for any part of the armor. I also modified what I saw issues with on the last scaling AKA the Chest which was pointed out by Lukeclm on the discord and I noticed the biceps were a bit small so I increased the scale.
ArmorScaled Design.jpeg

This is the current scale of everything.
Head
  • 3D printed
Celox: 116.17%

Chestplate
  • Foam
Main Chestplate: 82.39%
Paradise rig: 131.59
  • 3D printed
Latches: 85.84
Thruster Vents (front): 90.92
Thruster Vents (Back): 93.83
Codpiece
  • Foam
Codpiece: 82.01

Biceps & Shoulders
  • Foam
Biceps: 89.16%
Bicep Details: 84.38
Security Shoulder(Right): 88.17
  • 3D printed
Rakshasa Recon (Left): 100.00

Forearms & Tacpad
  • Foam
Forearms: 93.80
Tacpad: 114.64

Thighs, Shins, & Boots
  • Foam
Thighs: 82.29
Hardcase: 120.98
Shin(Foam): 64.70
Boot(Cover): 87.75
Boot: 89.76
  • 3D printed
Shin(3D printed): 83.84

This might help with specific sizing suggestions? I'm not too sure also now I'll have 2 places to grab the info from just in case it disappears! Also waiting until Extra Life 2023 24 Hour Live Stream! November 4th is Game Day! so then I can add the helmet attachments!

Last edited:
ArmorScaled Design.jpeg
This is the new rescaled version of spartan Setifer the boots are not scaled yet as I haven't been able to take the measurements of my boots but they will likely be about this size anyways. I just want to say thanks to Lobbster, N8TEBB, SpartanSweed, UrCaptainSpeakn, galacticwombat, and Lukeclm for the help and advice on scaling. We'll see if there are any issues once I start building it!
IMG_3362.jpeg
I also printed out every piece of armor except for the rakshasa boots in total there are 45 pieces of armor.
IMG_3364.jpeg
IMG_3365.jpeg
I also cut out the tacpad and Paradise rig for the time being.

Last edited:
I spent all day yesterday eating away at the pile of papers and so far I’ve managed to cut out 26 out of the 46
IMG_3368.jpeg
this is the MK VII Shin however the front part will be 3D printed instead of foam and I believe the type of design is called a clamshell? Either way one half will be foam one half 3D printed.
IMG_3369.jpeg
this is the Halo reach hardcase and I plan on being able to open and close it not 100% sure how yet so I’d you have ideas let me know!
IMG_3370.jpeg
IMG_3371.jpeg
IMG_3372.jpeg
IMG_3373.jpeg
IMG_3374.jpeg
IMG_3375.jpeg
here’s some MKVII stuff and I’m hoping to get as much as I can done tonight on the security shoulder and MK VII chestplate. That’s just a little update as to where I am.

Feels like yesterday I was cutting out these very same templates...

You'll find as you build that you won't end up using all of those itty bitty foam parts as it's easier to just cut bevels into the foam rather than constructing complex joints. Ooh also, with the thigh piece: I found it was very helpful to join the "seal" pieces (those 6 wide foam pieces that sit on the inner part of your thigh) so you don't have to worry about that seam coming apart. So instead of 6 pieces, you'll have 3 wide ones if that makes sense...

Feels like yesterday I was cutting out these very same templates...

You'll find as you build that you won't end up using all of those itty bitty foam parts as it's easier to just cut bevels into the foam rather than constructing complex joints. Ooh also, with the thigh piece: I found it was very helpful to join the "seal" pieces (those 6 wide foam pieces that sit on the inner part of your thigh) so you don't have to worry about that seam coming apart. So instead of 6 pieces, you'll have 3 wide ones if that makes sense...
Yeah I get that and I was planning on doing that I’ll definitely ask you if I need help on the build xD

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back