Planned Hybrid Armor

ImBlaze

I'm currently planning out my spartan armor and this is my current draft of what I'm going to make. Only thing is its currently missing the hardcase attachment on the right thigh.

Attachments

• Setifer.jpeg
    Setifer.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 147
OOF this thread is more than 5 months old! I've been Slackingggg! either way update new design for Setifer
SetiferReimagined2Front.png
SetiferReimagined2Left.png
SetiferReimagined2Back.png
SetiferReimagined2Right.png
Yeah I need to resize some things then I'll start getting to work hopefully and my printer has been having issues so ill try to fix that soon! Hoping to get this done before Worlds next year so then I can take it there! Gonna start completely planning and documenting my process! Might even make a Youtube tutorial or walk through. Not sure yet! we'll see how everything goes!

I love the color combination and I love seeing all the parts from all the different armor cores integrated into there.

This looks amazing! Best of luck on the prints! The color scheme and armor combo go together nicely, I’ll stay tuned to see it through! I’ve been slacking on my suit as well lol

OOF this thread is more than 5 months old! I've been Slackingggg! either way update new design for Setifer View attachment 337174View attachment 337175View attachment 337176View attachment 337177Yeah I need to resize some things then I'll start getting to work hopefully and my printer has been having issues so ill try to fix that soon! Hoping to get this done before Worlds next year so then I can take it there! Gonna start completely planning and documenting my process! Might even make a Youtube tutorial or walk through. Not sure yet! we'll see how everything goes!
Okay so erm we will ignore that its gone through another redesign... I said it was the last version but i kinda like the blue on this new one
SetiferReimagined2Recolor2Front.png
SetiferReimagined2Recolor2FrontLeft.png
SetiferReimagined2Recolor2FrontBack.png
SetiferReimagined2Recolor2Right.png

This new design was inspired by a lizard I saw that had a fade of blue with these blue colors i kinda like it it pops out more and 1 too many people said the other version looked like a nintendo switch. There's nothing wrong with that but I would rather not be at a con and have people be like, "Look it's a nintendo switch spartan!" thus the change and i kinda like the lighter aqua blue on this design. Next thing on the agenda is fixing my printer (as of writing this I'm testing it again to see if its fixed) and scaling! I need to convince my brother to help me measure myself to put in those measurements into armorsmith! the current plan for the armor is!

- Helmet and attachments: 3D printed with hopefully working lights.
- Boots: building this out of foam and building it around a sketchers boot I got recently.
- Shins and Knees: Knees are built just need new paint and the shins are going to be foam with the front piece being 3D printed.
- Thighs: Likely foam with maybe the locks being 3D printed since those seem annoying to build with foam.
- Space Diaper (Belt) and chestplate: Foam bulid with small details being 3D printed Paradise rig will only be partially present as i think it looks better.
- Biceps and forearms: Foam builds again though with the little tacpad I'd like to be able to put my phone in there
- Shoulders: Security shoulder will be made out of foam and the Rakshasa shoulder will be 3D printed from Aguilars file
- Handplates: Done just need to be repainted
- Kurkri: Need File will also be magnetic so then I can leave it at home when needed

Goals for this project:
With this suit I'd like to be able to learn more about all this cosplay stuff! I'd like to learn myself but also be recommended different things to help me learn more too! If you guys have any suggestions on what could help I'd love to hear it! As of right now I'm hoping to get this done by either Fan Expo Dallas 2024 Or Halo World Championship 2024! I'm excited to finally get to work on this project of mine!

Upgrades for the future!
I'm hoping once I've finished this build that I'll be able to sew up an undersuit for this guy definitely will have to look at indigodogs tutorial on sewing!

Last edited:
Okay so erm we will ignore that its gone through another redesign... I said it was the last version but i kinda like the blue on this new one
View attachment 337562View attachment 337563View attachment 337564View attachment 337565
This new design was inspired by a lizard I saw that had a fade of blue with these blue colors i kinda like it it pops out more and 1 too many people said the other version looked like a nintendo switch. There's nothing wrong with that but I would rather not be at a con and have people be like, "Look it's a nintendo switch spartan!" thus the change and i kinda like the lighter aqua blue on this design. Next thing on the agenda is fixing my printer (as of writing this I'm testing it again to see if its fixed) and scaling! I need to convince my brother to help me measure myself to put in those measurements into armorsmith! the current plan for the armor is!

- Helmet and attachments: 3D printed with hopefully working lights.
- Boots: building this out of foam and building it around a sketchers boot I got recently.
- Shins and Knees: Knees are built just need new paint and the shins are going to be foam with the front piece being 3D printed.
- Thighs: Likely foam with maybe the locks being 3D printed since those seem annoying to build with foam.
- Space Diaper (Belt) and chestplate: Foam bulid with small details being 3D printed Paradise rig will only be partially present as i think it looks better.
- Biceps and forearms: Foam builds again though with the little tacpad I'd like to be able to put my phone in there
- Shoulders: Security shoulder will be made out of foam and the Rakshasa shoulder will be 3D printed from Aguilars file
- Handplates: Done just need to be repainted
- Kurkri: Need File will also be magnetic so then I can leave it at home when needed

Goals for this project:
With this suit I'd like to be able to learn more about all this cosplay stuff! I'd like to learn myself but also be recommended different things to help me learn more too! If you guys have any suggestions on what could help I'd love to hear it! As of right now I'm hoping to get this done by either Fan Expo Dallas 2024 Or Halo World Championship 2024! I'm excited to finally get to work on this project of mine!

Upgrades for the future!
I'm hoping once I've finished this build that I'll be able to sew up an undersuit for this guy definitely will have to look at indigodogs tutorial on sewing!
Oooooo. More colors! I like it.

I LOVE the colours blaze! But man, with how little I'm online these days it's hard to keep track of all your redesigns! XD

I LOVE the colours blaze! But man, with how little I'm online these days it's hard to keep track of all your redesigns! XD
Yeah thanks! And let me know if you ever want a blender Spartan render! FYI I will come to you when I need opinions in the building process I’m gonna actually size the files soon maybe tonight if my brother is willing to so I’ll be coming to you for that and posting the armorsmith screenshots here for it too looking for opinions!

Yeah thanks! And let me know if you ever want a blender Spartan render! FYI I will come to you when I need opinions in the building process I’m gonna actually size the files soon maybe tonight if my brother is willing to so I’ll be coming to you for that and posting the armorsmith screenshots here for it too looking for opinions!
I look forward to giving my two cents :p

Looking cool! You definitely picked the best batch of attachments :) especially like the doubled up attachments on the helm. Looking forward to your progress. As for the armorsmith shot, I would recommend placing the ingame model close by so you can use it as an easy scaling reference (depending on if you are going for proportionality/accuracy vs. comfort) and make adjustments as needed. At least, that's how I did mine :)

Looking cool! You definitely picked the best batch of attachments :) especially like the doubled up attachments on the helm. Looking forward to your progress. As for the armorsmith shot, I would recommend placing the ingame model close by so you can use it as an easy scaling reference (depending on if you are going for proportionality/accuracy vs. comfort) and make adjustments as needed. At least, that's how I did mine :)
yeah thanks! I’ll definitely look at that :D

I look forward to seeing more progress! With how many attachments you have on the helmet i would be cautious about weight. A heavy helmet can make your neck hurt and give you a headache if you wear it to long. If you are the one printing, you might be able to use a lower infil % on the attachments themselves so they are lighter?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back