Planning a Pepakura and fiberglass build. Anyone used unfolder for mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanChaz

Hey everyone! I've been trolling the forums for a while but finally joined today. I'm a huge nerd and massive Halo fan, so this is right up my alley. I have been spending a lot of time researching Pepakura armor builds on here and on youtube and I am very impressed. I've wanted a spartan suit for many years, so I am going to make it happen. I picked up 110lb Card stock today, superglue, brushes, and fiberglass resin. Still need a respirator. I plan to start small with a forearm or kneecap (etc) soon and figure out the process little by little. I'd like to have a finished armor set by Halloween 2020, that's the goal.

I do have a couple of questions, and any other advice helps.

1. I am running a mac. I didn't want to go the wineskin/pepakura designer route without knowing how well it works on mac. I have heard that it's a bit unstable. I saw talk about "unfolder" for mac on here, and found it on the mac app store with great reviews. I wanted to check if anyone has used it with success, and if it is compatible with most pep files. I'll gladly pay the $30 if it's going to kick butt. I also took a look at armorsmith, but its also PC only. Anyone used that on a mac?

2. I have a Cricut machine, I don't mind cutting out the pieces by hand, but I was curious if anyone has used one for Pepakura. It's got all kinds of fancy capabilities, like cutting and scoring, so I am interested in trying it out. Apparently the unfolder app has the ability to import to a cutting machine.

Anyway, that's about all I have for now. I should be able to find the answers to the rest of my questions without being spoon-fed, but like I said, absolutely ANY advice that is freely given will be graciously accepted.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back