planning on making the monument...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xavier said:
oh okay, well tell me im wrong now.

medium_1372534846_24f4372ed8_o.jpg

medium_1371630501_dd70287506_o.jpg

its larger than most apartments.
omgomgomg :eek: i believe you now :eek: omg thats insane, can i ask you where you found these? please?

Last edited by a moderator:
well, honestly, no... this project seems to be one of those good ideas that never gets finished, that happens a lot around here, did u know only 3% of members own armor, where as probably 85% of them have claimed there start. sorry, but unless u own a model shop and have 20G's to spend, and want to rent a space for this, and dont care about MS potentially sending you a C&D, then i dont know how far your going to get.

Xavier said:
well, honestly, no... this project seems to be one of those good ideas that never gets finished, that happens a lot around here, did u know only 3% of members own armor, where as probably 85% of them have claimed there start. sorry, but unless u own a model shop and have 20G's to spend, and want to rent a space for this, and dont care about MS potentially sending you a C&D, then i dont know how far your going to get.
adam sold his armour for 20 grand haha , but i would start on a small scale obviously

dallis said:
adam sold his armour for 20 grand haha , but i would start on a small scale obviously

not many people know this, but that was a false bidder, he didnt get 20G's i think he might have sold it for 6 through the forums afterwards.

Xavier said:
not many people know this, but that was a false bidder, he didnt get 20G's i think he might have sold it for 6 through the forums afterwards.
what an ass , anyways back on subject ....

a good place on how to make terrain is gamesworkshop.com, i play the Warhammer 40,000 hobby where you use an army of miniatures on a detailed battleground to fight. the website help out alot of hobbyists in making a great 4x4 to 9x9 table battle grounds, and with a new expansion the table can be as big as 4x14.

pic
largetable

here the main terrain help archive
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/terrain/terrain.htm

this is probably the best hobby to help you make the terrain

Assassin716 said:
a good place on how to make terrain is gamesworkshop.com, i play the Warhammer 40,000 hobby where you use an army of miniatures on a detailed battleground to fight. the website help out alot of hobbyists in making a great 4x4 to 9x9 table battle grounds, and with a new expansion the table can be as big as 4x14.
pic
largetable

here the main terrain help archive
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/terrain/terrain.htm

this is probably the best hobby to help you make the terrain
thanks alot buddy it helps a load :)

UPDATE:
i believe i want to start with one of the hardest parts of the monument , the bridge and the close and far end of the road that connects to it that will give me the basic layout , and will leave the easyest for last ,and along with Xaviers amazing find , i know that the figures are almost a twelve inch scale, so the weapons will be easy to make :)

I think you should do a smaller diorama before jumping into something like this. Or if we can get enough people, each person can make a small square of it. You'd just have to figure out measurements and stuff.

papamurf812 said:
I think you should do a smaller diorama before jumping into something like this. Or if we can get enough people, each person can make a small square of it. You'd just have to figure out measurements and stuff.
i was planning on your second way , use maybe custom nine or ten inch figures or use twelve in figures , and give everybody a little piece to build .... it would be easiest, i was planning on cleaning out one of the biggest rooms in my house and build the entire landscape on the floor , then just have everybody help make the pieces , if whatever i just said made any sence at all......

papamurf812 said:
Good luck, we'll all be expecting pix soon.
i hope to have some up soon , thanks haha

oh and i forgot to mention that i now have a marine helmet fit for a 12 inch figure finished :)

first steps to making the monument :)

Um holy ****. B/c of those pics, I'd say it was actually about 100,000. But for such a large scale, the figure detail is disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back