Plasma Grenade Prop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan513

Jr Member
I REALLY want to create a few plasma-grenade props to hook onto or inside a gear belt that I wear around my waist. I have seen a few online and even one on Etsy but I want to incorporate a "button" or "toggle" or even a wifi button in my pocket... that lights it up that bright blue color. I was curious as to whether or not anyone on here has ever made or had one made.. Can you post pictures and help me out with the process. Ideas and thoughts below....

1: I want it to be structurally sound so I think 3D printing may be off the table... I want to be able to throw it. My dog plays with these fetch balls called "Chuck-it's" and I think a rubberized shell could aid in the grenade being sound enough to toss at fiends. ///SEE IMAGE BELOW///

chuck it ball.jpg

2: My thought is to use a cutting tool to remove parts of this ball in order to make it look like a Plasma grenade and stuff it with some sort of LED lights that would be glued or somehow attached to the inside. The light would shine through the places I have cut giving it a potential blue hie of the ones from the game.

3: I am struggling with the process mentally here and was hoping someone could potentially have some constructive comments on how to potentially make this work. How to make it look like a plasma-grenade in the first place and also make it usable / glow. I appreciate anybody's input on this!

I REALLY want to create a few plasma-grenade props to hook onto or inside a gear belt that I wear around my waist. I have seen a few online and even one on Etsy but I want to incorporate a "button" or "toggle" or even a wifi button in my pocket... that lights it up that bright blue color. I was curious as to whether or not anyone on here has ever made or had one made.. Can you post pictures and help me out with the process. Ideas and thoughts below....

1: I want it to be structurally sound so I think 3D printing may be off the table... I want to be able to throw it. My dog plays with these fetch balls called "Chuck-it's" and I think a rubberized shell could aid in the grenade being sound enough to toss at fiends. ///SEE IMAGE BELOW///

View attachment 325583

2: My thought is to use a cutting tool to remove parts of this ball in order to make it look like a Plasma grenade and stuff it with some sort of LED lights that would be glued or somehow attached to the inside. The light would shine through the places I have cut giving it a potential blue hie of the ones from the game.

3: I am struggling with the process mentally here and was hoping someone could potentially have some constructive comments on how to potentially make this work. How to make it look like a plasma-grenade in the first place and also make it usable / glow. I appreciate anybody's input on this!
Hey ! I'm new here so take it with a grain of salt lol but I seen you think 3d printing may be off the table, however I think it wouldn't be a bad idea ! I'd make it out of TPU and stick a magnet inside while it's printing so it sticks to your belt (would have to put a magnet or steel in your belt) , and you could print it in 2 pieces so you can put the lights inside before assembling. Hopefully this helps!

Hey ! I'm new here so take it with a grain of salt lol but I seen you think 3d printing may be off the table, however I think it wouldn't be a bad idea ! I'd make it out of TPU and stick a magnet inside while it's printing so it sticks to your belt (would have to put a magnet or steel in your belt) , and you could print it in 2 pieces so you can put the lights inside before assembling. Hopefully this helps!
That’s actually great advice! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back