plasma grenade

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacbury

i was reading another thread when someone said that a power ball would make a good plasma. so... i quickly dismantled mine and with a bit of work
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

hope you like it
oh and i am very sorry if a mod deleted these pictures from the reply to the original plasma grenade thread but Im new here and used to notifications...

Its nice but not close enough.
Try painting it with that paint that sticks to plastic. Try to make the entire thing look round, it look like it has flat sides.

that looks cool. I saw somewhere on this site how to make plasma grnades out of ice, leds and 2 double a's. here the link for a video tutorial. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoID=20775321

i was wondering because the ice is ice, and ice melts if you could go ahead and make one, then cover it in clear resin so then when the ice melts you would have round ball. you would just add a few layers until its fairly strong. also you could cut a little hole in a tennis ball, wire the le like he did in the vid, the fill the tenis ball in clear resin, the stick the led in the hole and let it dry. (might take a while) that way you have a good plaasma grenade that glows pretty good and itt doesn't melt and it will be durable enough to even throw it around a little. o yah and you would obvously hook the wires to the batteries. havn't thought about how to hide the batteries yet

you haven't thought that through, you'd have a ball of water which would short the led
and i agree it needs to be more round but powerballs aren't spheres.
i think ill get one of those plastic spheres you get from the machine were you turn the handle and a toy in a sphere comes out.
maybe i could make a one time use one with about 50 led throwies (blue ones) look here
and the actualy but some stuff in to make it explode which would sent throwies flying everywhere like a true plasma grenade.

pacbury said:
you haven't thought that through, you'd have a ball of water which would short the led
and i agree it needs to be more round but powerballs aren't spheres.
i think ill get one of those plastic spheres you get from the machine were you turn the handle and a toy in a sphere comes out.
maybe i could make a one time use one with about 50 led throwies (blue ones) look here
and the actualy but some stuff in to make it explode which would sent throwies flying everywhere like a true plasma grenade.
you would have to leave a little hole in the first layer of resin or poke a little hole in the first layer of resin to drain the water out. then you would cover the little hole with ceramy wrap or clingy plastic wrap and then continue adding layers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back