Plasti dip tore off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXDashIVXx

Sr Member
I ran into another propblem... YAAAY!

I think the sunlight shone through the windows of my house and melted the painters tape I was using on my thigh peice. It stuck completely and when I went to remove the masking, it ripped the paint off..
20190223_133738.jpg

I tried spraying another coat ontol, but it looks like it isnt filling the tears all the way up, and they are still visable... any ideas that are simple and quick?

Painters tape and Plastidip are not good friends. I have had the same thing happen to me. If you are applying tape to a prop to mask an area, don't leave it on for extended periods of time. Mask, paint and remove.
As for fixing... Applying more Plastidip might make it worse. There is a possibility of building up the area around it if you apply more coats.
When it happened to me, I just made the peeled area look like paint peeling.

Also. Something else worth considering that I just thought of. On a scrap piece of mine, I was able to peel the plastidip off and start over. I used heat and was able to get it off. Hard to say if this would be an option for you, not sure I would recommend peeling it all off but with patience, it could be done? May worth a shot.

Also. Something else worth considering that I just thought of. On a scrap piece of mine, I was able to peel the plastidip off and start over. I used heat and was able to get it off. Hard to say if this would be an option for you, not sure I would recommend peeling it all off but with patience, it could be done? May worth a shot.
Sounds like an okay idea. I may just try different methods of repairing a d just go with it, as some of the plasti dipped pulled off ripped up the foam. Great Idea though a d I may experiment a little

Sounds like an okay idea. I may just try different methods of repairing a d just go with it, as some of the plasti dipped pulled off ripped up the foam. Great Idea though a d I may experiment a little

Yeah definitely is a pick your poison decision. Well if you are able to peel it all off OK and there is some pitted chucks torn from the surface, that could be really cool battle damage once painted. Would look like random frag pitting and so forth. If I recall when I peeled it off of a scrap piece, I do remember it roughing the surface a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back