Plasti-Dip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its the that has a pair of pliers with some yellow coating on the handles, on the front of the can
I saw it a home depot near the spray paints the other day.

AoBfrost said:
What does it do? Never heard of it, so I'm not sure of what use it's for.

The time it took you to ask this question and spam, you could have simply googled it.

Thanks other dude, im going to home depot for it next 'morrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
CemreTas said:
The time it took you to ask this question and spam, you could have simply googled it.

Thanks other dude, im going to home depot for it next 'morrow.
You know, in the time it took you to ASK US, you could have figured it out on your own...

Hardware stores, some home improvement stores. Get out your phone book and call around. its what I had to do when I was building my MA5K. Are you looking for the dip can or spray paint type?

Spartan 161 said:
Hardware stores, some home improvement stores. Get out your phone book and call around. its what I had to do when I was building my MA5K. Are you looking for the dip can or spray paint type?
Well the spray is better, but is there one that goes on clear?

Hmm...Two seconds in google for that guy, or post in a forum specially designed for this stuff, and wait two minutes instead of searching 30,000 stores for one can of plasti dip. Yeah, I suppose I could have, but it would have been grossly inefficent.

CemreTas said:
Well the spray is better, but is there one that goes on clear?

Hmm...Two seconds in google for that guy, or post in a forum specially designed for this stuff, and wait two minutes instead of searching 30,000 stores for one can of plasti dip. Yeah, I suppose I could have, but it would have been grossly inefficent.

Yes there is a clear one. BUT, most places don't carry it. Your going to find the black, red and yellow mostly. You can order the clear online im sure from plasti dip.com, just got that off my can right here lol

Spartan 161 said:
Yes there is a clear one. BUT, most places don't carry it. Your going to find the black, red and yellow mostly. You can order the clear online im sure from plasti dip.com, just got that off my can right here lol

That sucks, that limits the use I can get out of it right there.
Hmm, I wonder if I get lucky in home depot tommorow...

CemreTas said:
That sucks, that limits the use I can get out of it right there.
Hmm, I wonder if I get lucky in home depot tommorow...

You have peeked my curiosity. What do you intend to use the clear dip for? Maybe I can suggest an alternate product?

Spartan 161 said:
You have peeked my curiosity. What do you intend to use the clear dip for? Maybe I can suggest an alternate product?

Well it wasnt for much more than giving my MA5C a coating, so it somewhat "Bonds" everything together. Makes it slighty more durable, and more resistant to everything, and gives it a shiny coat in one simple can.

If theres anything else I can use, ill be soooo thankful.

ooo plasti-dip. i have gotten it at aubachaun hardware. i haven't thought about using it on armor. i like coating random things XD

CemreTas said:
Well it wasnt for much more than giving my MA5C a coating, so it somewhat "Bonds" everything together. Makes it slighty more durable, and more resistant to everything, and gives it a shiny coat in one simple can.

If theres anything else I can use, ill be soooo thankful.

Ok Is your MA5C a Pep one or made of cardboard? I have used Bulls eye Shellac sealer & finish on pep stuff to help harden it up. I'm not to sure if it would give you a shiny finish. Why not use Clear Krylon spray paint? Just remember the rule light coats until you get the desired effect.

Jarhead said:
The spray version has been used by resin cast prop weapon makers to give a more real wear restant feel to grips, butstocks, forarms or anything that needs to look like it has that type surface.

the correct address http://www.plastidip.com/consumer/index.html :)

second edit, where you can get it- http://www.plastidip.com/consumer/retailers.html
online - http://www.plastidip.com/consumer/online.html

Thanks for the web site addys Jarhead. I was so tired after turkey day I didn't feel like goggling them lol. I used the dip on my MA5K grips and butt stock turned out beautiful.

My MA5K build http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5807

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back