Plastic dip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarinclaws

I'm trying to lower the cost of my costume so I was wondering what happens if you don't use plasti dip or anything like it ( as soon as its applied and after time).

You can spray paint directly onto eva foam, but there is a good chance it will chip/peel away a more easily. Always be sure to test with a scrap piece of foam before hand though, as certain foams react to aerosol sprays. From my experience, though, craft and eva foam are ok with it.

And just an added note, you can keep questions like this to your other thread asking for tips, as opposed to starting a new thread for each question . It's just good forum etiquette and keeps all of your info in one place!

another method is to use latex grout. I picked up a tube of dap latex grout for around $1 and it coated my whole odst and ncr cosplay. To apply it: take a sponge, soak it in water, squeeze to make it damp, apply the dap to the sponge or armor piece, and spread the dap on the piece until you have a thin white layer. Go too thick on the dap and it will crack. My ncr build has survived 5 cons with this methoid. It is not as good as plastadip but it works on a budget.

On a side note, i did test spraying primer and paint directly on the piece and the foam acted as a sponge and warped the paint bad. I used rust oleum primer and paint. It only happened one time but it is a risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back