Possible Easily Obtainabel Source For Eva Visor

Status
Not open for further replies.
dyeinbreed said:
I'm sure there is somewhere to get it coated, and I'm sure it's expensive. You gotta pay to play :cautious:

OK... my idea for the coloration of the visor is to first spray it with some tint, like Night Shades or something...

vht_nite_shade_taillight_tint.jpg

Then, mask off sections to get some color variance, and overcoat the tinting with these two:

3303th.jpg

332296.jpg

Those are Tamiya brand paints, and they are clear yellow and clear orange. Krylon used to make clear spray paint in multiple colors under their "stained glass look" line, but they apparently have discontinued all colors except blue, red, and yellow. :(

Either that, or... gently mist your tinted visor with gold fleck spray paint...

Or... thin out some gold acrylic paint and do a "wash" on your tinted visor... Don't paint over the tint, but wash over it with this thinned out paint... It's a weathering technique most people on here should be familiar with.

Just throwing out some ideas that are springing into my head...

Last edited by a moderator:
My idea is, make the entire thing bondo the visor EVERYTHING. But make this one part a motocycle visor...
f_Untitledm_80832f7.jpg

Keegan said:
My idea is, make the entire thing bondo the visor EVERYTHING. But make this one part a motocycle visor...
f_Untitledm_80832f7.jpg

Why not put a lense in that area and the two side sections where there are detail lines. If there's an area for a gap or detail in the lens I would use it to improve visibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
if getting th evisor is the problem vacuform (or wutever the heck it is called ) the eva visor and buy gold window tin and put that on ? whats so hard to get the visor gold?

You can buy gel paper from Theatre Effects [theatrefx.com, http://www.theatrefx.com/store/commerce.cg...t=color_filters] in yellow. Theatre Effects is a reliable website, although I have not personally bought anything from it yet.

Attaching is the simplest part, just tape one side, tape, trim the other sides and tape. The tape will not be visible. It should only cover the part where the face is visible, so one sheet should be enough. If the tint of the helmet can still be seen, buy another. You can see through over a dozen layers of this stuff.

Hope this [and theaterfx.com] helps!

P.S. Their 'glow wire' can be used for the plasma split sword thing.

can you tell me what you used to mold this?
im almost done with the base of my EVA helmet, and this is the last thing i need before i can start the detailing. would i be able to cut a mold using styrofoam? or would i need plaster or clay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back