pouches and accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have seen a few people attaching pouches to their thigh armor and was wondering how they have attached them. I am currently using straps and buckles but after having my strap connectors break on me mid convention I am looking for more modular/ better ways to attach my accessories to my armor

When you say strap connectors, what do you mean? I use webbing and standard side release buckles for most stuff. You can use neodymium magnets, but those can be so strong they rip through the foam unless installed correctly, but if too weak, stuff can get knocked off. You could use a webbing strap, but pass it through two slits in the thigh armour specifically for that purpose, and buckle it behind the foam.

all of our armor is 3d printed and I had a connector and strapping going from my thigh support strap to the pouch and a strap around my leg but the connector to my support strap decided to retire on me if you catch my drift

When you say strap connectors, what do you mean? I use webbing and standard side release buckles for most stuff. You can use neodymium magnets, but those can be so strong they rip through the foam unless installed correctly, but if too weak, stuff can get knocked off. You could use a webbing strap, but pass it through two slits in the thigh armour specifically for that purpose, and buckle it behind the foam.
We had a piece that was set up to connect straps together where it would lock onto 1 strap with the second strap attached to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back