Predator Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.
death said:
I'm not really looking to make the kinds from the movies, I'm just making a cool looking staff thing XD Just with a predator theme to it. Like it's gonna have the clan symbols on it like I said.

Goin outside the box. Nice. cant wait to see it!

Last edited by a moderator:
True that, all Predators, though they share the collective values of the hunt and the pursuit of the ultimate prey, they are also different from one to the next. All have extremely customized their harnesses to reflect elements of their age (remember when the big boss Predator gave Danny Glover the flintlock pistol from the 1750s in Predator II), their rank within their clan, and their individual tastes in weapon customizations, hunting style, and their tastes in trophies.

Definitely tailor the costume to your own individual standards!

Hey just remember that I'm not the one posting pics of pred suits and pep files. I started this thread to ask a question! Don't give me credit for those pics. I was looking for ideas on what I could put on the staff to make it look cooler.

Did you check out the link that I just give you at the beginning of the topic. Because there you will find everything about predator costuming here it is again Predator I just love the to see all the diferent type of predator they have on this site.

Pat

Alright due to a request I'll soon be posting an object model very similar to the the latest progress pic. I can't seem to get the laser sight to my satisfaction yet so this model does not include it. I was just wondering if there is any file type preference for the upload? I'm using blender so keep that in mind.

droodles said:
Alright due to a request I'll soon be posting an object model very similar to the the latest progress pic. I can't seem to get the laser sight to my satisfaction yet so this model does not include it. I was just wondering if there is any file type preference for the upload? I'm using blender so keep that in mind.

I think an .obj file is good. Not too sure

Ya I checked out hunterslair I made an account there actually. Sweet place! How do you get a .obj file into pepakura?

death said:
Ya I checked out hunterslair I made an account there actually. Sweet place! How do you get a .obj file into pepakura?

Ive been a member of Hunters lair for a while. Awesome site.

I think you import the file. File-Import- and find the obj file.

Awesome, thanks. I need to get my computer working so I can open it up. I'm not allowed to download or install on my dad's laptop... I couldn't activate windows on mine because the key has been used too many times lol I need to buy another one.

droodles said:
Here you are. The .obj file for the predator bio. Just open pepakura then open the file. It should work. It'll need an unfold and some work mind you.

Predator Bio
I don't know what I expected but man... this is beautiful! Soon as I get my Mark V helm done this baby is next! Thanks so much!

I bow to you Droodles. :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy:

You gave my life meaning! LOL

Ok I have a couple questions. First, it's been a while and I don't know if this may be specific to this. How do you scale it to your face size? And why does it ask me to flip the faces? And it says there are a ton of faces is that ok? Just making sure. You said this was a custome bio right? Ah stupid question i can just read the last page lol

Spartan 161 said:
I don't know what I expected but man... this is beautiful! Soon as I get my Mark V helm done this baby is next! Thanks so much!

Spartan857 said:
I bow to you Droodles. :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy:

You gave my life meaning! LOL

Yes bow collection +1!!

death said:
Ok I have a couple questions. First, it's been a while and I don't know if this may be specific to this. How do you scale it to your face size? And why does it ask me to flip the faces? And it says there are a ton of faces is that ok? Just making sure. You said this was a custome bio right? Ah stupid question i can just read the last page lol

To scale the model yo need to unfold it first then under the 2d window hit change scale of development->specify scale. It actually needs to be pretty big. Don't flip the faces. The number of faces is fine. We're dealing with complex models and I think pep. was intended for simpler items. With a good unfold the model should be easy to build. This is a Predator 1 bio. I'm going to modify the model later to suit the custom bio but for you guys......I figured I'd be nice and make a common bio. I could try making some others if you guys really want something specific.

droodles said:
This is a Predator 1 bio. I'm going to modify the model later to suit the custom bio but for you guys......I figured I'd be nice and make a common bio. I could try making some others if you guys really want something specific.

To me, this is fine, I can do some of my own custom work from this.

Unfolded in 15 minutes onto 10 pages of Letter sized cardstock @ 305mm x 224mm x 181mm. 73 parts altogether.

Thanks very much for the mask .obj file!

BFDesigns said:
Unfolded in 15 minutes onto 10 pages of Letter sized cardstock @ 305mm x 224mm x 181mm. 73 parts altogether.

Thanks very much for the mask .obj file!
Are you going to post your unfold? Some of us only have rudimentary skills in unfolding would like to see your PDO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back