Problems with reach credit system

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizander

hey everyone, Ive been enjoying reach for the last few weeks now, but I have to realized something is up with the credits system. I havn't had gold for the last little while, so I have been playing offline. I play alot with my brother, campaign or firefight, etc. I have noticed that he consistantly gains more credits than I do. At one point, after a campaign mission he gained over 1000 credits and I recieved a whole 50 credits.

Now, before you say that my brother is just better than me, I have proof that something is up. I just played a round of score attack on my account, finished the round, didn't play too badly etc. I recieved 50 credits. I then switched to my brothers account, and did the same thing, only I played for 3 minutes, getting to about the middle of the brute wave. I quit the round and recieved over 300 credits.

SOmething is definitly not norma, and I have no idea what. Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Thanks alot,

Lizander

My stats have not updated with bungie.net in forever, even though I am online every time I play Reach and I have Gold. I seem to get a lot of credits in Campaign and Multiplayer but if I play Firefight by myself for a whole round, I get a pittance. Not sure what the deal is, but I agree that it is goofy. Maybe their servers are overloaded.

How often do you play? If you play on your account more than your brother's account, there is a credit cap for people who play to much. I've played campaign so much that i only get about 100 credits when i complete a campaign mission on heroic or legendary. I used to get around 500 or more but I've played it so much that it capped my credits so i can't continuesly spam campaign to gain more and more credits.

It could be something with commendations. You earn extra credit right when you go up a rank in a commendation. So say your head shot commendation is at Onyx and your brother is just at Steel - You've maxed out meaning you can't gain anymore rank up credit while your brother still has more room in his pocket.

@bulldogresler: I play maybe 30 minutes every few days, a max of 2 hours on the weekends. I really don't think thats enough to enough to warrant a crazy credits cap of 50 cr. At one point I tried that trick on sword base with the target locator, but still got 50cr.

Basically when I play, I play with my little bro, so we both have logged about the same number of hours. And yet I'm capped off at 50 cr, while he gets upwards of 600 cr each match/level. Its kinda really frustrating lol :p

@Zat German: I have played offline since I got reach, so I don't think it has anything to do with bungies servers.

Perhaps there is something wrong with the disk or my hard drive?

Please excuse the double post guys, I didn't see yayu's post.

It could be something with commendations. You earn extra credit right when you go up a rank in a commendation. So say your head shot commendation is at Onyx and your brother is just at Steel - You've maxed out meaning you can't gain anymore rank up credit while your brother still has more room in his pocket.

hmm, that could be it, seeing as every kill I get is a head shot... are there different catagories in which you can rank up in offline? ex: grenade sticks or sword kills etc??

I assume that you log in, go to the game (while still online), then he logs in and you are prompted to choose "Play Offline" or something of the sort, as thats what happens when I have a secondary profile log on with me.
Profiles that do not go "online" gain all kinds of crazy credits doing firefight, campaign, forge, and custom games, however, bungie has a system in which if you do go online, it resets you to what you would have had you been online and earning credits through matchmaking and you can never go back to the "offline" status...which I think is stupid.
Basically, the only way to get credits once you go "online" is through matchmaking or commodations, while offline accounts can just stay in forge mode racking up credits while they have the TV on another channel.

For those who use the Target Locator on Sword Base to farm credits, the cr you get is from commodations. Until you reach silver in an accomodation, you gain credits just for adding to the total of that commodation. However, once you reach silver, the only cr you can gain from advancing that commodation is from getting gold and then onyx, you gain no cr for anything imbetween. It is this fact that you will notice a steadily decreasing amount of credits. You get less credits between tiers as you get higher, but the reward of advancing to the next tier also gets you more credits(but not nearly as much as you were getting). Also, due to this system, no one has to worry about being banned, bungie doesnt care if you exploit this, because you can only get so far with it.

If you want (fairly) easy credits, go into Matchmaking -> Cooperative --> Score Attack, and then Veto until Gruntpocalypse on Corvette appears. You can get about 1000cr each time for each 9 minutes you play. There are videos of this method on youtube, and I only advise you using Sprint or Invisibility...also kill the ones with fuel rod cannons first lol.

I hope that addresses everything.

EDIT: Yes, their servers are having some difficulties, the easiest things to note is when you are playing and it tells you that the servers are down, the other is the fact that no ones Reach Avatar has updated since about the 2nd night after the game's release. On the bright side, while they arent working on making the website awesome, they are actively updating Reach's matchmaking and perhaps other things as well.

its because when you play online it marks your acount as an online acount. which means the only way for you to get a decent amount of credits now is by playing matchmaking. i emailed and called microsoft about ( i had the same problem you did ) and they will not reset my account to being listed as offline. if your account if listed as offline you earn credits in all gametypes exept matchmaking of course. now that your account is listed as online youll just have to get xbox live again or your just out of luck. im not exactly happy about it either.

its because when you play online it marks your acount as an online acount. which means the only way for you to get a decent amount of credits now is by playing matchmaking. i emailed and called microsoft about ( i had the same problem you did ) and they will not reset my account to being listed as offline. if your account if listed as offline you earn credits in all gametypes exept matchmaking of course. now that your account is listed as online youll just have to get xbox live again or your just out of luck. im not exactly happy about it either.

QFT, Basically the same thing as I said. Not to direct anyone from the 405th, but if you check bungie.net's forums or google, you wouldve found an answer to your question.

@XULUX11, in your signature, I think you mean BY ONI instead of MY ONI, correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back