Project: 001- Halo 3 Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.

project003

I've been working on this Halo 3 Marine since spring break, here is what I've acomplished so far:

* chest/back- done

* shoulders- done

* Right shin- done

* left Shin- done

* right knee- done

* left knee- done

* Helmet- done

I need so help on the straps for the top of the chest piece. I'm kinda basing my chest off of Spase's chest. any advice will help, even critiques! I welcome your input.

pics or it didnt happen.

there is a thread called "complete strapping guide" or something, read that... then just look at reference pics to figure out placement, or shoot adam/spase a pm and ask them how they did theirs

DreadMullet said:
pics or it didnt happen.

there is a thread called "complete strapping guide" or something, read that... then just look at reference pics to figure out placement, or shoot adam/spase a pm and ask them how they did theirs

my Digital cam is broke and I need to replace it, sorry :p

I didn't want to PM adam or Spase because I wanted others inputs before I gathered enough data. but thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Epic quadruple post. In the future, you'll need to edit the first post in a group rather than keep adding posts. Also, for your pictures, it's a good idea to use a photo hosting site like Photobucket or Flickr. Or something like that.

Just as a little update (and I am sorry for Quadruple posting, my pictures are so awesome that the Quota cant upload them all but 1 or 2 at a time)

DSCN0564-2.jpg
Left Shoulder

DSCN0561.jpg
Right Shoulder

DSCN0563.jpg
Humerous Protectors (L&R)

DSCN0562.jpg
Right Knee (with cocky remark)

DSCN0582.jpg
Left Knee (needs whethered)

DSCN0579.jpg
Chest (needs a little more bondo and sanding)

DSCN0580.jpg
Back (needs Bondo)

DSCN0581.jpg
Right Greave (almost done)

DSCN0566.jpg
Helmet (need Dremmil tool!!!!)

that's what I have so far. :D

at the end of the day, this is what went down..........dawg.

DSCN0585.jpg
Right greave (needs padding and straps

DSCN0584.jpg
Left Knee cap (needs a knee pad, but finished!)

that's it so far, I'll add the update for the chest piece when it's complete, that wont be long. :D

Awesome, dude, loving the helmet, and the whole thing. I cant wait to see it finished, are you going to get camo underclothes like the marines in Halo 3 do?

Zendric said:
Awesome, dude, loving the helmet, and the whole thing. I cant wait to see it finished, are you going to get camo underclothes like the marines in Halo 3 do?

I'm most likely going with Army ACUs, and i'm going to Omega glue the knee caps to actual tactical knee pads.

Your armor is coming along great.

Just an idea/suggestion ive seen some marine armor builds with Com packs they are pretty easy to make and they look really cool with the armor!

Looking forward to seeing some progress!

SpartanDobie

SpartanDobie said:
Your armor is coming along great.

Just an idea/suggestion ive seen some marine armor builds with Com packs they are pretty easy to make and they look really cool with the armor!

Looking forward to seeing some progress!

SpartanDobie

ya I've been meaning to look into that but you have to give me a link to that or something 'cause I can't find it no where! but ya, I'll make different variants of the marine, alone with my next project (S3CR37!) which will have an endless amount of designs and varents! !FUN!

here are the most recent pictures of the Project so far:

DSCN0623.jpg

Back (needs wheathering and straps)

DSCN0626.jpg

Right lower buckle thingy (needs magnets, I will explain later)

this took place in the course of 1 week, most likely finish the helmet next, then the final piece: the Left Greave.

PS

Dread Mullet:

the strapping guide is for Spartan Armor, not MARINE armor.

hey man. my only (current) suggestion is to be sure the straps attached to the back plate are attaced all the way to the edge, or it wont sit right on your back.

I am officially changing into the 5th gear and declaring:

CRUNCH TIME!!!

last 24 hours:

DSCN0627.jpg

Left Greave (needs glass and bondo)

DSCN0628.jpg

Left front brace (needs wheathered)

DSCN0629.jpg

Right back brace (needs bondo)

DSCN0630.jpg

Left back brace (needs bondo)

now if you will excuse me... CRUNCH TIME!!!!!! for ODST opening...

yes, I know that double posting is bad but people are being too quiet. SO here is all the stuff so far:

Full right greave

DSCN0696.jpg

finished right shoulder pad

DSCN0686.jpg

Finshed Left Shoulder pad

DSCN0688.jpg

"C" braces( need magnets to come in the mail)

DSCN0690.jpg

that's all for the armor part, I messed up on my first chest piece, but the other is pending, already bondo'd just needs some sanding.

well I better get back to work!

rvalera11 said:
Dude I would love 2 see some pics of your suit man

I was thinking of doing a photoshoot some time in the future. but thanks for the request!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back