Public Announcement: Armor Impact Tests

Did you learn anything from this video?

• Yes! Thanks for informing me about the dangers of this!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, sorry, I still don't see the dangers...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzarth

Jr Member
I have seen people over and over say "Can I use my armor for airsoft lulz?" despite repeated warnings.

So I put my EOD helm in the line of fire to hopefully keep some eyes from being shot out.

On the first test, there is some water already on the ground, this is where the fiberglass poked a hole in the bag of water. The shots gfrom the gun DID pierce the bag though, it had more holes in it than just from the fiberglass.

PLEASE tell me what you think, or any concerns you have about the video. Thanks for your time.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aJK2WuTfg0[/media]

Oh, and i assure you, the sides are just as strong as any other part of the helmet.

hurray maybe people will shut up going 'can this be used for airsoft)

maybe next time you could place a microphone inside the helm so we can hear the damage being done to the helm might get the message across stronger

im glad someone did this with your airsoft vid and my paintball vid maybe we can get those people to change there mind when it comes to using armor props for these 2 games

Hehe, Dark Fang I actually did this BECAUSE of your paintball video. I looked over at my EOD helmet and just grinned :D

I think another good point to point out is that airsoft bbs can break teeth, I got shot in the face once and it was $1000 expense.

Azzarth said:
Hehe, Dark Fang I actually did this BECAUSE of your paintball video. I looked over at my EOD helmet and just grinned :D

glad i could help

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark Fang: yeah you were big inspiration, thnx

Kuch1k1: OMG OWWWWW! Dang that had to hurt your teeth and your wallet!

EDIT:changed title myself, i got creative XD

Thanks for the response guys

Hmm personally i could see this low layer resining to be very....weak against even a spitwad >_>

Personal specs so far: 3-4 layers of liquid fiberglassing resin, 1 layer of cloth layer fiberglass, 1 layer bondo/glass(for chest, knees, and groin i will be Reinforcing the fiberglassing with a thin chickenwire mesh just under the main cloth fiberglass.

as well..i would NEVER let someone shoot at me with a Dang BB Gun if my LIFE freaking depended on it XDDD.....

Paintball maybe >_>

Not at all Dark Fang, go right ahead!

And Jyoumon, this wasn't meant to say that a specially designed system wouldn't work. This is to help show people that people should never make a regular prop suit like so many of us do and expect it to protect them. I can see a highly reinforced piece surviving.

this is what happends to a helmet when shot with a paint ball

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok2tfsrkpDw[/media]

faint of heart my not want to look

ahh yes, normal prop fiberglassing resin and bondo arnt to tough V_V.

So agreed, unless you have systematically reinforced your armor specifically FOR this kind of thing....no its going to become trash XD....or just seriously damaged....as well as you.

Yeah..who wants to spend another 2-3 WEEKS on another helmet when you can just take care of the one you put all that hard work into on *shakes his head*

some folks have no common sense V_V.

ummmm? Solder xD? Seriously you can mold metalk helms easy peasy if you have a furnace a.k.a a fire and some of that mold stuff. bit esxpensive i would imagine butt not much more than the gear you buy for air soft + paint ball. Nywho why would you do paint ball? f*** up your Paint job xD. Have a nice day xD.

Azzarth, Thank you for making this test video, I think it is a fantastic way to get people to understand that these are costumes/props/display items/ art and NOT PROTECTIVE WEAR. I mean there may be a way to make these things crazy strong, but untill we figure it out, airsoft and paintball play aint gonna happen.
Dark Fang said:
this is what happens to a helmet when shot with a paint ball

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok2tfsrkpDw[/media]

faint of heart my not want to look

Nice video, I lol'd a bit when you said test purposes, because I thought you said test porpoises.

McCaboose said:
Azzarth, Thank you for making this test video, I think it is a fantastic way to get people to understand that these are costumes/props/display items/ art and NOT PROTECTIVE WEAR. I mean there may be a way to make these things crazy strong, but untill we figure it out, airsoft and paintball play aint gonna happen.

Nice video, I lol'd a bit when you said test purposes, because I thought you said test porpoises.

i have a small lisp its kinda hard to explan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back