Question for any higher member about armor accessory

Status
Not open for further replies.

monsterhelljump

So I started my ODST recently and wanted to add a little shoutout to the 405th.
20210904_164809.jpg

But I know the 501st have like strict rules about having stuff like this on their armor so I wanted to make sure. I've been in the 405th for many years but never heard a yes or no about it.

Yep, just found it in the 405th Mantle.
By creating any material which includes the words "405th Infantry Division", “405th”, or using the 405th logos, URLs, or those of any sub-units of the 405th, or any other term or image that can be reasonably identified with the 405th or its sub-units, the creator of that material irrevocably grant to Movie Prop Sites, LLC, its affiliates and distributors, a worldwide, royalty-free, exclusive, and fully sub-licensable license, to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publicly perform, publicly display, create derivative works from, transfer, transmit and distribute, in connection with promotion, retail sales or elsewhere, such material (in whole or in part) and to incorporate those materials into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed.
Our logos can be used by any member for PERSONAL USE with the following limitations:
  • Only use the lockups in their entirety
  • Only use the lockups at a size larger than 200px tall (digital forms) or 1.5” tall (physical forms).
  • If height of the lockup is X, do not display any other artwork within .25X of lockup.
  • Do not alter the proportions, or alter the relationship of the elements in any way.
  • Do not change the font or alter the spacing between letters.
  • Do not incorporate the 405th lockups into your own identity or use the lockups in conjunction with any other artwork.
  • Never create a new logo that combines the 405th lockups with another identity.
  • Do not deface or modify the lockups in any way. *
  • Do not place the lockups on or near anything vulgar or repugnant. If there is a question as to whether something is considered vulgar or repugnant, then there is no question.
  • Do not reproduce the lockups using any color other than provided. **
  • Do not reproduce lockups to look three-dimensional.
  • Do not rotate or animate the lockups.
  • Do not add special effects to the lockups such as shadows, reflections, or glows.

* Adding “weathering” if placing the lockups on a costume is acceptable. Adding graffiti is not acceptable.
    ** Any single color may be used for one color versions of the Horizontal Lockups, the Emblem, or the 405th logo elements.
  • Additional Limitations and Guidelines:
    • While the 405th Identity is for use by any member for PERSONAL USE, members cannot create ANY merchandise or retail items using the identity. This includes but is not limited to clothing, patches, stickers, coins, etc. This also applies to the Regiment and Battalion levels.
    • Any banners, flyers or promotional items containing the 405th Identity that is being used to promote the 405th MUST be approved by the DIO BEFORE being used.
    • As noted above, when a member uses the 405th identity, they represent the 405th in an unofficial capacity, as a member of the community. Unless that member are an official representative for the community they should exhibit caution in not misrepresenting themselves as such.

I don't think there would be a problem, but as I am not a member of Division, I can't give final word.

Upvote 1
Hi everyone! I'm going to tag Asgardianhammer in here as our Division Identity Officer to answer specific questions.

First though I want to say thank you to monsterhelljump for reaching out to ask! The short answer is that no, I won't be mad at all about what you are doing on your personal armor.

Basically, we have a set of rules to cover the usage and it is firstly intended to cover any items that are going to be produced or used in an official capacity. A small, tasteful one off on your armor doesn't really fall in to the category. Keep in mind the tasteful part though. We don't want people creating butchered versions of any of the logos even if they are one offs. And that's just out of respect for the community as a whole. What you are doing I think is lovely and I'm honoured that you want to have something honouring this community on the armor you're working hard on.

For reference, these are the official rules:

1631240119904.png

Upvote 0
I will echo FANGS here. Thank you first for seeking guidance on this. We love when our 405th family represents our brand. It belongs to all of us. So again just be respectful and try to be as faithful to it as possible when recreating and it looks like you are well on your way! Please share the finished project here. We are all excited to see the outcome!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back