Question for NZ-TK

Status
Not open for further replies.
So im just sitting here looking at your ODST modle its Vary nice/kinda complicated and started to think...
Why you would release the ODST and call back your Hayabusa?I mean with ALL do respect how much more complex
could the Hayabusa be?Could you at least show a photo of it in the designer?So we can "gok" in its awesome glory

I REALLY mean NO disrespect in ANY way

In its current state the hayabusa is not a complete model, it has floating parts, holes, stray points and misaligned normals. In other words its a mess, its just not suitable for pepakura at the moment. Just wait, I will get to it soon I promise. I am trying to finish off a another helmet sculpt at the moment, and trying to make some more bits for my EVA project

Could you at least show a photo of it in the designer?So we can "gok" in its awesome glory

Sure, now you can all see for yourselves, what a mess this thing is. See all the open edges? The mouth guard is attached to almost nothing. the mesh is FAR to dense. Sigma is a bloody legend for making this thing work, my hat goes off to him. I will rebuild it, I will make it better. It will be my best helmet model yet (well maybe second best... wait till you all see whats coming soon ;) ) Then you can all have it and we can all be ninjas
hayapic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wow. I can tell it looks like crap, and obviously sigma has mad skills.

no offense, it dosent undermine all of your beastly work so far :D

Now that i see what a mess it really is, i wont bother you anymore.

You have something in store for us? ooooooh i cant wait :lol:

and this is why i laugh long and hard whenever someone ask if i can make the hayabusa helmet for them im going to print out this image and show them and keep it in my wallet and NZ whats the surprise?

Descended Life said:
OMG i cant wait! i wanna have Hayabusa so bad lol, i can wait and watch this kitty
ha-ha-ha Rofl, love the kitty!! :tutu:
I say if you want to do the work. NZ-TK you should pm them the file and tell them not to give you ****! And it's their fault!

I say if you want to do the work. NZ-TK you should pm them the file and tell them not to give you ****! And it's their fault!

I would prefer my name to be associated with quality.

NZ-TK said:

I dont know why you want the files so bad he posted a picture (like above). Then all you have to do is to get it to size and make sure the numbers work out. The only thing if you blow it up to much you will get blurred numbers

NZ-TK said:
In its current state the hayabusa is not a complete model, it has floating parts, holes, stray points and misaligned normals. In other words its a mess, its just not suitable for pepakura at the moment. Just wait, I will get to it soon I promise. I am trying to finish off a another helmet sculpt at the moment, and trying to make some more bits for my EVA project
as for connecting all the parts i can help, sketchup is pretty good for combining 3d meshes. and also what the heck are normals?

NZ-TK said:
Sure, now you can all see for yourselves, what a mess this thing is. See all the open edges? The mouth guard is attached to almost nothing. the mesh is FAR to dense. Sigma is a bloody legend for making this thing work, my hat goes off to him. I will rebuild it, I will make it better.

Thanks for the compliment man. Those poor guys have no idea what they're asking for. :D

Looking forward to the new model too. These guys will love you for it.

now i know, and now i dont want to do it :D

IT LOOKS WAY TOO F'ED UP FOR ME :D

i dont know how you did it sigma, but i give you MAJOR props for pulling it off.

as for connecting all the parts i can help, sketchup is pretty good for combining 3d meshes. and also what the heck are normals?

I thank you for the offer but, at the risk of sounding arrogant, I am quite capable of modeling the helmet myself.

he posted a picture (like above). Then all you have to do is to get it to size and make sure the numbers work out. The only thing if you blow it up to much you will get blurred numbers
Hahaaha good luck

NZ-TK said:
I thank you for the offer but, at the risk of sounding arrogant, I am quite capable of modeling the helmet myself.
Hahaaha good luck
but what are normals? :unsure:

Normals

It refers to a polygons face direction. Imagine a bathroom floor, covered in tiles, the tiles represent polygons, some are upside down, the upside down ones are refered to as having flipped or misaligned normals. During modeling (especially point modeling, which IMO is the best way to make pep files) some can end up flipped for many reasons. On a model like the hayabusa, its not as simple as performing an align normal command which would fix most flipped poly's, because it has multiple faces in differing directions, when its put into pepakura, pepakura interprets a flipped normal as an isolated polygon, I'm not sure, but I think this is why a lot of sketch up models have problems. On its own, its not a serious problem and doesn't take too long to fix, but when there is a lot of other things wrong with a model, it all adds up.

Lol god why did you have to say there is another in store?! Now I can't sit still, and I'm gonna space out in spanish class and fail! Heh, just kidding. Anywho, if you try to blow that pic up to see better, all you are going to see is exactly that, but bigger and blurrier. No higher detail. You would need to blow up the original for that. And the original would have to be a printed, developed picture. Ideally a high def. picture lol.

People!Dont you see?I kinda expected this I like all of you I mean all of us wanted SO badly to get the Hayabusa that we quikly got anoying now that I have seen this I know that when he is done with his other projects and done with the Hayabusa so that it can work I know it will be wonderful so all can(SHOULD)do is sit back wish him the best of luck and hope for the best good luck to you NZ-TK :cool:

Lol god why did you have to say there is another in store?

The project was not a pepakura file, it was a commissioned job (the one sure fire way to get me to do work). Unfortunately I cant talk about it, as its not my place to(client confidentiality and all that) you will just have to wait for the owner of the file to start a thread, I'm betting its going to be very popular though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back