Question to anybody that has done iron man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickd

I'm having a hard time understanding what lines to cut because of the solid lines crossing over dotted lines in the pattern,i don't understand how it wants me to glue these? Also for those of you that have done sharkman mk6 or any other iron man helmet, what height did you use for the helmet that made it fit right for you? Sorry for the long stream of questions just one more. What do you guys usually cut with? Exacto knife all the time or scissors?

I'm having a hard time understanding what lines to cut because of the solid lines crossing over dotted lines in the pattern,i don't understand how it wants me to glue these? [...] What do you guys usually cut with? Exacto knife all the time or scissors?

Can you post a picture of the line problem? That doesn't sound right. Maybe you have to modify the parts before printing.

I use an X-Acto, but you really should use what works best for you.

this seems to be happening sometimes with very small flaps for me. usually, u can cut away part of the flaps, because u never need the whole flap anyway. allways cut the solid lines, never the folding lines. because if you cut away something that should be visible, you will have a hole there, while if you cut away a piece of the flap, you just have less glueing space, which usually isnt a problem

i use an exacto knife too, scizzsors dont work on those small pieces.

for helmet size, i recommend youtube for ironman helmet scaling tutorials, or alternatively, measure your head vrom little under the chin to the top of your head, then add 2 - 3 inches, and that should be about right. unless your building a war machine helmet because it has an inlay at the top ;)

well if you look at sharkman's iron man pep file you'll see that the solid line and the dotted line eventually are right on top of each other on some cuts.

does anybody have an idea what i'm talking about. Like 3 numbers are on top of each other in the pep?

That happens when edges are too close and the numbers are placed to best line up with their respective edge, making the numbers overlap. When that happens, the best thing to do(other than separate the edges by using the edge separation tool in Pepakura), is to have the file open while you're gluing, so you can see what piece it connects to and how.

Also, double posting is never good, especially when your previous post was less than a day ago(yours are two hours apart!). Just because no one has answered doesn't mean to you need to flag their attention again with the same question.

oh sorry i was just trying to clarify that :( my bad, where is that tool located anyways so i know how to do it for my next project?

well if you look at sharkman's iron man pep file you'll see that the solid line and the dotted line eventually are right on top of each other on some cuts.

I don't have any Iron Man files - that's why I asked for a picture.

Depending on what exactly you mean, you can shorten the next flap, so it doesn't interfere with the fold (while glueing and/or while cutting the pieces out). You may also be able to get away with just ignoring the fold, but you have to do it symmetrically.

what the hell is up with the crossed numbers also, its really hard to read.

You can decrease the font size in the options, but of course that also makes the IDs harder to read. You can also deactivate them completely if they're getting in the way of lines.

oh sorry i was just trying to clarify that :( my bad, where is that tool located anyways so i know how to do it for my next project?

On the toolbar, obviously.

For finding the next piece, use the Check Corresponding Face function, for separating (or rejoining) pieces use the Divide/Connect Faces function

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back