RandomRanger

DMO, Armory, and Forum Support
Division Staff
Community Staff
Member DIN
S063
IMG_20190126_211932.jpg
IMG_20190126_221050.jpg

Hello, I spray painted my helmet and planned to use acrylic paint to detail/weather. However, my acrylic is just disappearing when it dries. Does anyone know why?

You got to use a clear coat first then your acrylics, or the acrylic will meld/blend/mix into the base color.

View attachment 265096 View attachment 265097
Hello, I spray painted my helmet and planned to use acrylic paint to detail/weather. However, my acrylic is just disappearing when it dries. Does anyone know why?
Do you have a brand and colour listing for both the spray and the brush on so that we can help a bit more with the sleuthing? What zachturner009 says is sometimes true but I have a feeling there's a little more going on here.

The spray paint is Rustoleum hammered black, and the acrilic is Folkart Metallic Silver Sterling.
I was able to get around the issue by using brushing on a silver spray paint instead. It actually turned out very well, I'll be posting soon.

The spray paint is Rustoleum hammered black, and the acrilic is Folkart Metallic Silver Sterling.
I was able to get around the issue by using brushing on a silver spray paint instead. It actually turned out very well, I'll be posting soon.

I've used those two paints fairly consistently, usually Canyon Black, but have never had that issue. Is it a gloss, semi-gloss, satin or matte sheen? How long did you let the spray cure for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back