Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummguy731

Hey everyone, I'm new here, as you can tell . Anyway, I was wondering if you can vacuum form a pep helmet that's been resined and fiberglassed? If not, what would you say the best way to make a mold for a vacuu-form would be? Thanks!

I think you'd have to cut it into sections and fill it with something. I'm not exactly sure what with, though.

xalener said:
I think you'd have to cut it into sections and fill it with something. I'm not exactly sure what with, though.

Is it because the helmet's depth is so great that the plastic sheet will tear?

Last edited by a moderator:
That Spartan Guy said:
Is it because the helmet's depth is so great that the plastic sheet will tear?

I'm no expert, but from what I'v seen as long as the plastic is warm enough (nice and saggy) after coming out of the oven it should pull down into the crevices. You may want to ask some of the other guys here that have dabbled in it though, but honestly what can it hurt to try, the worst that will happen is you lose a few bucks. Goodluck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plaster mold the helmet in 3 parts, top, right side, left side, make the final mold, then vac-form each peice seperate, cut out, then put them together, use some bondo, the edges may not fit 100% correctly because the way you cut it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back