Quick question team....????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making dj helmets for my buddy. Made the base out of paper machete. Is resin gonna hold up well on top of my paper machete?

Ill throw up the pic in a little.... Pictures on my phone.. Don't know where that is at the moment

The card stock used for peping take resin really well, its prob a good idea to reinforce it with fiber glass or resin/bondo mix

so heres what i got so far

made a paper machet and doing the details with card stock... just goin off the eye because i can always shape it. still need to add a bit more detail on the sides

im definitely not worried about the card stock taking resin. just not sure how its going to hold agaisnt the paper machet (water/flour/paper mix)

IMG-20110331-00108.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20110331-00108.jpg
    IMG-20110331-00108.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 136
Well its looking good, I would get to a point were you are ready to resin and just go over the entire hemet hopefully it will harden without messing anything up. Is that a balloon under the paper? Cuz resin might eat through that, keep the updates coming

sweet man. got all the details done today.

yeah i kept the balloon in until it dried completely. were pretty much ovals when we threw on the machet. ended up being almost a perfect sphere. popped the ballon and cut the mouth out and that was about it.

its good to know the resin might eat through. as long as i know its going to settle and soak then ima do it.

resining the outside first. then ima line the inside with fiberglass sheets.... the cones on the side should be REALLY fun.

WestAdams-20110405-00137.jpg

Attachments

• WestAdams-20110405-00137.jpg
    WestAdams-20110405-00137.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back