Random question I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pronounced " Mee-Yole-Near"

I think we were going to make that a T-Shirt design at one point...

;-)

Sean Bradley said:
It's pronounced " Mee-Yole-Near"

I think we were going to make that a T-Shirt design at one point...

;-)

I think Sean's right, go and watch the making of Halo 2 videos again. They define it in there I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
The site's main page said:
What is MJOLNIR Armor?

Well first off, it's pronounced Mee Yole Near, yes - the "j" is pronounced like a "y". It is named for the hammer that Thor used in ancient mythology.

The origin for the word "Mjolnir" is unknown though eptymological speculation has provided thories for its literal translation. The Icelandic verbs mølva (to crush) and mala (to grind) have been suggested as possible translations while another theory suggests that Mjolnir might be related to the Russian word mólnija and the Welsh word mellt (both words being translated as "lightning"). This second theory parallels with the idea that Thor was the god of thunder, therefore might have used lightning as his weapon.

owned.jpg

Told you. :roll:

Sean Bradley said:
Told you. :roll:

Where did you find that picture of epic win?

*** Edited... why do you feel the need to repost a picture that appear 2 posts up?

yay! i didn't know how to pronounce it either. :)
thanks sean, and thanks for B***** slapping Fitz.
hehe

Well, I wasn't trying to B*** slap Fitz... but I thought I had clearly answered the question... :lindsey:

Sean Bradley said:
Well, I wasn't trying to B*** slap Fitz... but I thought I had clearly answered the question... :lindsey:

Yay cake for you : :birthday:

I don't like b*** slaps....especially when they are directed towards me : (

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back