RC armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerotan 36

I am planing on starting some molded RC scorch armor tips would be appreciated. I will keep you posted! I have purchased a mannequin head, actually two!

kerotan 36 said:
I am already a member I am getting clay tonight :hyper:

I've got a question.... what does :hyper: mean?

Cool deal on the project. Looking forward to seeing a good version of the armor come forth.

Last edited by a moderator:
BishopX said:
I've got a question.... what does :hyper: mean?

Cool deal on the project. Looking forward to seeing a good version of the armor come forth.

It's a smiley, but you can't see it for some reason...

Looking forward to seeing a good version of the armor come forth
there is a kit out there, its pretty nice IMO
zman_sdcc07_rc2.jpg

I think this guy might have his biceps on backwards :)

all right buddy. I tried sculpting an rc helmet before. first you need to make a skelton. Next you start filling in the spaces and do the detail. Then when your done use alcohol or something to smooth it out.

Hey everyone kerotan again so I have started making the skeleton for my RC helmet. And I am now just doing the neck and face. Once I am done sculpting I am gonna sell casts of the helm to pay for the making of the rest of the armor sculpts. I am running on 56k here so I will upload them at my Dad's house sorry for the wait.

Cant wait to see it :) if you're planning on selling them, the quality will have to be very high, there are already a few great quality RC helmets available. Good luck

Oh it will be. I am planning on making them affordable but nice. I will run them past you guys on the forums before I start selling them. And thanks NZ-TK. Oh yeah, the money made from selling helmets will go to makeing the rest of the armor.

Edit: When I post the pics tommorow I am open to criticizim. It'l just help me make it better. And be aware it is not even remotely close to being done.

Double Edit: Duly noted frost! I hope to try both.

For the cheapest way to mass make them, I'd Vacuum form them. Buying molding supplies like silicon can cost 300 dollars, for star wars armor, vacuum forming is the way to go.

AoBfrost said:
For the cheapest way to mass make them, I'd Vacuum form them. Buying molding supplies like silicon can cost 300 dollars, for star wars armor, vacuum forming is the way to go.

Except for the helmet,you wont get very sharp details.I suggest slush casting for the helmet.

My appologies I did not have enough time at my Dad's place to upload pics sorry. And I would just like to say thanks for supporting me it helps me keep going.

Hey everyone just a wee update I finished all of the top skeleton and hope to finish of the helmet skeleton and some filling when I go to a friend's house. He has a Mac book so I will take pics and upload them there.

Cool, I'm really looking forward to this! I was planning to make a clonetrooper/stormtrooper armor, but in Germany fibreglass is so hard to get (god no, you could damage your health if you're a moron!).

Way to go!

in Germany fibreglass is so hard to get

Seriously? its been around for ages and is cheap as chips, what does the auto body repair and recreational boating industry use?

Here they are PICS please comment.I am open to criticizim. It'l just help me make it better. And be aware it is not even remotely close to being done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back