Reach Eva Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Podthegod

Hey 405th, I just watched the new reach trailer. Now, I've never really liked the EVA helmet, but you gotta admit this looks pretty badass.
evas.jpg

So my plan is to make the helmet and maybe the body if i can be bothered or have the time or the skill

No progress just yet, I'll post some pictures when i start peping.

Podthegod said:
Hey 405th, I just watched the new reach trailer. Now, I've never really liked the EVA helmet, but you gotta admit this looks pretty badass. http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3231/evas.jpg

So my plan is to make the helmet and maybe the body if i can be bothered or have the time or the skill

No progress just yet, I'll post some pictures when i start peping.

Just some food for thought. This is not a standard EVA helmet in anyway shape or form besides the lens. If you look closely at the rest of the helmet it shares more similarity with the Mark V helmet than it does for the Halo 3 permutation. Just some food for thought! I bet you could use the EVA pep thats out there for a base and then mod it to look similar. But if you are going for accurate then there is only one file of the Reach guys. Rundown did a helmet file. Thats the only one. So good luck =]

-Loki

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been looking at it a lot and I think its is E.V.A. just has some features that arent on the one in Halo 3. So modding E.V.A. should work out. Good luck

the eva pep is a good and only base to start from. build then get some plastic to build up the lower front.

Actually I believe you WILL need to make a whole new pep file. The Halo REACH helmet is vastly different from the EVA helmet..

eva.jpg

VS

evas.jpg

The Halo Reach Variant has a Square Jaw Area that is a lot larger than the EVA style and the Back Area has Large Vents on it...Almost like the Dutch ODST...If anything I would Recommend you Modify a Dutch ODST Pep file and Just square out the Jaw Area and leave the top open more and put in a gold visor, I think it would be easier than Modifying and EVA. I also believe that the Halo REACH version is Narrower in the front it tapers down thinner from the sides

XxK1LLR0YxX said:
Actually I believe you WILL need to make a whole new pep file. The Halo REACH helmet is vastly different from the EVA helmet..

eva.jpg

VS

evas.jpg

The Halo Reach Variant has a Square Jaw Area that is a lot larger than the EVA style and the Back Area has Large Vents on it...Almost like the Dutch ODST...If anything I would Recommend you Modify a Dutch ODST Pep file and Just square out the Jaw Area and leave the top open more and put in a gold visor, I think it would be easier than Modifying and EVA. I also believe that the Halo REACH version is Narrower in the front it tapers down thinner from the sides

i would still use the eva helmet as a base. you have that big dome to work with

I agree. The boxier/more angular areas on the jaw and along the sides are something that could be easily fixed with some layered sheet styrene.

To try and mod the ODST helmet Pep file would require far too many alterations, as opposed to just a few "tweaks" of the existing EVA helmet.

One of the better features of the HALO: Reach EVA would appear to be that the domed visor is devoid of the recessed/outlined surface details.

So, that would at least be one less thing to do on this type of build.

EDIT: Disregard the second half of my post above. Upon closer inspection of the HD vid, it would appear those recessed/outline surface details are present on the Reach EVA helmet. They're just not as pronounced as on the HALO 3 version.

I was closely studying some of the pics last night and after looking at some of the shots from the side of his helmet...even though the detail SUCKS ...This eva is starting to resemble really more of the "Master Chief" Type Helmet. It has the side front vents on the cheeks, but it has an added vent farther back. And The side/top has the two elliptical recess that are present in the Master Chief helmet. I dunno Im still going with my theory that this is a newer Mark helmet he just modded to fit the EVA type dome. *shrugs* All speculation I guess eh?

-Loki

Heres the pic I was looking at:

modififedsideskullguy.jpg

Trickster Loki said:
I was closely studying some of the pics last night and after looking at some of the shots from the side of his helmet...even though the detail SUCKS ...This eva is starting to resemble really more of the "Master Chief" Type Helmet. It has the side front vents on the cheeks, but it has an added vent farther back. And The side/top has the two elliptical recess that are present in the Master Chief helmet. I dunno Im still going with my theory that this is a newer Mark helmet he just modded to fit the EVA type dome. *shrugs* All speculation I guess eh?

-Loki

Heres the pic I was looking at:

modififedsideskullguy.jpg

where did you get that pic at? it doesnt really look like a eva helmet or the one in the reach trailer

link4044 said:
where did you get that pic at? it doesnt really look like a eva helmet or the one in the reach trailer

That's from the trailer when they're all standing around the table:

Original:

4189466008_153829e997_m.jpg

Edited:

4189466810_d2b81df174_m.jpg

Yeah link thats why Im saying that it is way different than people are thinking...if you look closely at the different angles its like 3 different helmets in one. The Mark V, the EVA and an ODST ya know??

Belakor said:
That's from the trailer when they're all standing around the table:

Original:

Edited:

What he said xD

-Loki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back